CBE PC380

Neilson

Precision Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has any one fitted a CBE PC380 system. I'd like to fit one in my camper conversation. Really only because they look nice and slick but wondered if there was any known problems with them.

Has any one fitted a CBE PC380 system. I'd like to fit one in my camper conversation. Really only because they look nice and slick but wondered if there was any known problems with them.

I like the look of an all in one power management system and briefly researched the CBE products. As far as I remember, users said there was an issue where the system would shut down once you started your engine, which meant that you couldn’t
charge anything / run your fridge / allow your nightheater to cool down
once you got moving.
Whether this was an older model CBE or this one, I can’t recall.
There was also a motorhome forum I came across where users complained that their units had failed completely. But then people only complain and never really take the time to compliment.

The man who invented electricity @travelvolts will probably be able to advise on the pros, cons and ones to avoid.

Ok, is it because it's a digital panel? What about the PC180?

I would still use a separate split charge I just need some kind of switch panel to turn things like the pump etc on and off. Any suggestions.

from what i've read in past threads is that the travel disconnect which is mandated by EU law can be disabled.

although, i still believe there is power for the fridge while underway if kept to the EU setting.

It comes down to what you need out of the unit, and if you need all the options.. tanks senders, solar input readings, state of charge, pumps switches eta

I ended up with using a Votronic Jupiter 100, as it allowed me to see the fresh and waste water levels, as well as protecting the battery with low voltage switch off, it monitors the solar, state of charge, internal/external temps.

Plus i had all the other votronic switches and DC-DC charger, so it all the panels look the same and data is transferred between charger, solar, and BMS via Bus ports

No still thinking about it. The trouble is I don't need the 240v system and I've already got the CTEK split charge so it's a lot of money just to control a few circuits and monitor water levels.

It does look sweet though

No still thinking about it. The trouble is I don't need the 240v system and I've already got the CTEK split charge so it's a lot of money just to control a few circuits and monitor water levels.

It does look sweet though

Im in exactly the same boat.. no supplier will seperate.. nor have thw ds470

Was there an outcome to this?

I am just about to add a CTEK split charger in my T6, but also wanted a nice digital readout of all the levels etc which items like the CBE100 offers. I'd rather not tie myself to a 'kit' - eggs in one basket type scenario.

Back