CBE210 & ignition live

Not just Europe, EMC regs apply over here too, but not for self builds so you could do away with it if you wanted.

Thanks travelvolts. Am I right in my assumption that by not connecting the ignition supply will have the desired effect or will that cause other issues? I just quite like the idea of being able to start and run the van while still using the leisure battery.

Thanks travelvolts. Am I right in my assumption that by not connecting the ignition supply will have the desired effect or will that cause other issues? I just quite like the idea of being able to start and run the van while still using the leisure battery.

Did you fit this in the end? If so, how did you get on with / without the ignition feed?

Hi, yes I did fit the unit and I went for it without the ignition supply. It all works very well and does what I wanted, ie you can start the van while on site to put a bit of life back in the leisure battery while still using lights etc.
The PC 210 is probably overkill for a T5/T6 because a lot of the functions aren’t required. That said if you don’t mind spending the money it does look good.

Yes mate, fitted a few since then you just want a ignition supply if it's a T5 you can pick it up under the passenger seat or I pick it up from behind the fuse box if it's a T6 or behind heater controls don't cut any cables just use a splice clip, cable from B2 from power unit B2 don't bother with B1 with a inline 50amp fuse as close to the leisure Battery as possible, then from your van battery to dc to dc charger to your leisure battery 50 amp fuse as close to vehicle battery As possible, hope that makes sense

Evening camperman1 and anyone else who is able to help on this topic.

I am doing my first conversion and trying to do as much myself as possible, I thought I was nailing it with the cbe pc200 solving all my electrical issues but it seems not since I am working on a T6.
Can someone confirm back what has been said just so I am clear and answer a question or two?

I am planning to wire the cbe unit as the instructions but leave out the van battery to cbe connection. This entails connecting the leisure battery to the unit with 50am inline fuse and the mains hook up.
I will then need to take a wire to an ignition supply complete with a 3 amp inline fuse but I am unsure about where to plug this into the cbe unit?
I will then take a cable from the van battery via a 50amp fuse and dc to dc charger directly to the leisure battery.

Does this sound right?

If so, is the only downside the additional cost of the dc charger and the lack of a power level indicator on the cbe display for the van battery?

Lastly, if I leave out the wire to the ignition does this just mean I will always be using the leisure battery unless on hookup?

Sorry everyone, but thanks massively for all the comments I’ve read to help me get this far.

You will need to establish which DC-DC charger and leisure battery you plan to use before any definitive answers can be offered.

Morning, I have got a 110 ah leisure battery (XV110MF) and for the dc-dc charger, happy to take advice but hopefully something inexpensive.
I have since found the resistor to remove to stop the parallel charging from the ds300 unit thanks to help. I also think I have located the point for the ignition wire within the ds300 unit, labelled, 'input signal contact key engine starting' ? I am assuming when complete that the B1 nut will remain empty.

The cheapest DC-DC charger of any worth is the CTEK Dual 250SA which would be suitable for your battery. It is also solar ready if you ever want to fit a solar panel. This will need an ignition supply which can be taken from the centre column of the vehicle fuse box in the lower dash. Our wiring kit includes a piggy back fuse connector to make this easier. Yes, leave B1 empty.

Legend. Please forward link to your wiring kit and possibly the CTEK device if you stock those?

If it was easy, everyone would do it! (Oh, they are)!

Back