cat pee smells in cab

malburley

I have a t6 TSI. About 10 mins after starting from cold. I can smell what seems like "cat Pee"- after a while, it seems to go away! Should I be worried? Love the caravelle !

I have a t6 TSI. About 10 mins after starting from cold. I can smell what seems like "cat Pee"- after a while, it seems to go away! Should I be worried? Love the caravelle !
Check under the pedals for a stowaway stray?!!

Umm....Cats carry out scent marking on routes used by other felines.....often marking low areas like wheels...so as you drive off the smell will be drawn into the vehicle....being nocturnal little sh*ts you never catch them :cry::cry:

ps.. have you checked your CATalytic converter :laugh::laugh:

How many miles are on the clock?

Sounding like a new petrol CAT converter smell which is part of the exhaust system?

They stink, and even worse for the guy driving behind you.

It should fade out eventually...?

If it is that af course......

I think @VanDamMan hit the nail on the head. Dogs piss on tyres and a territorial tom cat will go over the top to re-gain the territory.

Hypoid gearbox oil smells like cat pee, alternatively air conditioning can produce some revolting smells although that's normally more of a sweaty feet smell.:sick:

I had a very strong ammonia smell in my Motorhome, which turned out to be a dead mouse. I'd follow your nose and look for the obvious first.

Once when we were away motorhoming in Norfolk it happened to be our anniversary, so I bought some flowers.
Like any bloke I just picked some that looked nice, turns out they were lillies and they stunk the van out, indescribable, like putrid zombie vomit :rolleyes:

Back