Cascade Conversions - Rear Galley

I am seriously considering a Cascade Solace conversion. A few of things I am thinking about are:

The rear seats look a bit tight for a couple of people unless quite small, is this correct? ie too tight for 2 adults?

Anyone done a LWB conversion? I cant see any photos on their website?

How flexible are they in their design? I dont like that shelf thing that sticks out in front of the sink unit.

Are the beds comfy?

Any points that I should consider?

Thanks in advance for any help and (of course) photos :)

I think the rear seats are too upright for long distance vie ow the a cushion fine - I have two kids seats so not an issues however I have the two side seat belts as well and again not a problem

They def do LWB, however as told by Rob only 5 % are because the demand is for SWB

That shelf thing is more handy than you realise but I’m sure they might be able to avoid it

The bed is amazing, everyone with a rib or rock n roll on here need Duvalays etc, this is effectively a caravan bed full width, ok with a slight L shape but it makes it a long size

thee boards for the roof can work both ways, amazing for storage, i store bedding chairs etc loads up there but sometimes I wish it folded like other pop tops not an issue though over the overall design and there there is NO WAY I could have the conventional conversion, this is like a mini motorhome

I am seriously considering a Cascade Solace conversion. A few of things I am thinking about are:

The rear seats look a bit tight for a couple of people unless quite small, is this correct? ie too tight for 2 adults?

Anyone done a LWB conversion? I cant see any photos on their website?

How flexible are they in their design? I dont like that shelf thing that sticks out in front of the sink unit.

Are the beds comfy?

Any points that I should consider?

Thanks in advance for any help and (of course) photos :)

I think the rear seats are too upright for long distance vie ow the a cushion fine - I have two kids seats so not an issues however I have the two side seat belts as well and again not a problem

They def do LWB, however as told by Rob only 5 % are because the demand is for SWB

That shelf thing is more handy than you realise but I’m sure they might be able to avoid it

The bed is amazing, everyone with a rib or rock n roll on here need Duvalays etc, this is effectively a caravan bed full width, ok with a slight L shape but it makes it a long size

thee boards for the roof can work both ways, amazing for storage, i store bedding chairs etc loads up there but sometimes I wish it folded like other pop tops not an issue though over the overall design and there there is NO WAY I could have the conventional conversion, this is like a mini motorhome
Thanks for the input.

The rear seats would't be for a long journey, really just occasional use.
Side seat belts are not available on LWB.

I wont be having their pop top, if I have one I will choose a different one.

Well I was at a different converters yesterday and chatting to them strengthened the reservations/ doubts I have in my mind.

I do really like the layout however here are some thoughts. I know the rear seats wouldnt be comfortable for long distance travel. BUt how bad are they? To me if you got 2 adults in there it looks a tight squeeze and you would have to sit skewed with knees pointing to the middle of the van due to the sideways seats? How bad is this?

Secondly could you please tell me the between the seats across the van (ie how much knee room is there under the table for 2 people sat opposite each other?

When you watch the video of them setting up the bed on the website, they leave a big hole that looks like no support for the cushions, what stops them sagging there and becoming uncomfortable?

Lastly, I realise these are not as popular a layout as a traditional one for the transporters. Were you at all concerned about ease of resale/value etc when that time comes?

I know the best way is to look at one in the flesh, but it's a long journey if some of these points would rule it out immediately.

If anyone has one of these nearer to Manchester I could come and look at it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 10.45.57.png

Popped back for an update on the thread.......in short I'm going down to see Cascade, a five hour drive but based on a phone conversation I am really impressed with what I've seen ( photos ) and heard. Speaking with this guy is somewhat akin to discovering the reality behind the Washhouse or similar, no advertising, discovered by word of mouth and far better than you expected.

Current waiting list of 6 months for a build slot, supply your own van or they will supply a 6 month old delivery mileage SWB Highline in metallic for 17.5k + vat !, rarely build on LWB, conversion prices for the 'Solace' are very competitive imo, fitting a Wallas may be out of the question due to the smaller unit. The seating layout replicates the tried and tested caravan type front bed setup, huge underseat storage for clothes, food, awning, loo, refugees, equipment etc

Sitting against a backrest with cushions and legs out replicates how we sit in our caravan on cool evenings and would seem more comfortable than upright on a rock and roll or van seats.

I've attached a few pics, anyone have a view ?

View attachment 18024

View attachment 18025

View attachment 18026
@Carbon13 did you go for this conversion in the end? Is it possible for me to come and have a look if you did? Thanks.

Possibly 3. But its my only transport so trying to think If I ever need to carry 4
Whats your front seating? Two singles or single and bench seat? My van was a kombi so I left the rear bench seat floor brackets and just fit in a centre single seat should I need to carry more than the two of us. This works even with the kitchen/fridge unit installed.

Whats your front seating? Two singles or single and bench seat? My van was a kombi so I left the rear bench seat floor brackets and just fit in a centre single seat should I need to carry more than the two of us. This works even with the kitchen/fridge unit installed.
Mine is a panel van with 2 captains seats.

Hi I think some of this may be just some panic.

There rear seats are fine, not an issue but also you can put your feet up, sometimes I leave the bed made to the end of the units.

I have sat 4 people around the table and it is definitely not an issue, the table isn't huge but it's a camper van, compared to all the rib bed layouts where the table is clipped on to the units I would find that in the way of cooking or too far from the rib. The cascade conversion is proper sit around dining option where you can actually sit opposite each other instead of sitting next to each other.

There should be absolutely no concerns over the gap in the bed you mention, there is a steel support which crossed the two pull out brackets, the cushions rest on this and on the table which fits between the seat area. There is NO chance of this sagging.

I looked at all layouts and got quite bored of the standard rib layout, I am used to a caravan set up and this gave me that equivalent. With the surge in demand by families for Transporter conversions, this is the ONLY layout that offers a family friendly table area which has a the safety cage crash tested belt set up. I am not worried about resale at all, knowing Rob's waiting list I know these will be a premium.

The storage is also a lot bigger than you think

Yes I am biased because I have one, but I spent 6 months looking at every layout and working out all possible configurations, this has not let me down and I get A LOT of comments about it.

You don't need a tailgate, because the layout at the rear doesn't mean it is necessary. The only thing I would have done is put the bench seat in the front a fold down kraft bracket, and a solar panel. Neither of which are conducive to the cascade build.
Well I was at a different converters yesterday and chatting to them strengthened the reservations/ doubts I have in my mind.

I do really like the layout however here are some thoughts. I know the rear seats wouldnt be comfortable for long distance travel. BUt how bad are they? To me if you got 2 adults in there it looks a tight squeeze and you would have to sit skewed with knees pointing to the middle of the van due to the sideways seats? How bad is this?

Secondly could you please tell me the between the seats across the van (ie how much knee room is there under the table for 2 people sat opposite each other?

When you watch the video of them setting up the bed on the website, they leave a big hole that looks like no support for the cushions, what stops them sagging there and becoming uncomfortable?

Lastly, I realise these are not as popular a layout as a traditional one for the transporters. Were you at all concerned about ease of resale/value etc when that time comes?

I know the best way is to look at one in the flesh, but it's a long journey if some of these points would rule it out immediately.

If anyone has one of these nearer to Manchester I could come and look at it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

View attachment 131282

Hi I think some of this may be just some panic.

There rear seats are fine, not an issue but also you can put your feet up, sometimes I leave the bed made to the end of the units.

I have sat 4 people around the table and it is definitely not an issue, the table isn't huge but it's a camper van, compared to all the rib bed layouts where the table is clipped on to the units I would find that in the way of cooking or too far from the rib. The cascade conversion is proper sit around dining option where you can actually sit opposite each other instead of sitting next to each other.

There should be absolutely no concerns over the gap in the bed you mention, there is a steel support which crossed the two pull out brackets, the cushions rest on this and on the table which fits between the seat area. There is NO chance of this sagging.

I looked at all layouts and got quite bored of the standard rib layout, I am used to a caravan set up and this gave me that equivalent. With the surge in demand by families for Transporter conversions, this is the ONLY layout that offers a family friendly table area which has a the safety cage crash tested belt set up. I am not worried about resale at all, knowing Rob's waiting list I know these will be a premium.

The storage is also a lot bigger than you think

Yes I am biased because I have one, but I spent 6 months looking at every layout and working out all possible configurations, this has not let me down and I get A LOT of comments about it.

You don't need a tailgate, because the layout at the rear doesn't mean it is necessary. The only thing I would have done is put the bench seat in the front a fold down kraft bracket, and a solar panel. Neither of which are conducive to the cascade build.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Certainly food for thought. I think I will need to make the trek down to view one in person, unless someone nearer volunteers to le t me have a look at theirs.

So we know the rough prices for the solace conversion?
I see they can supply just the bed also. Which would be ideal for me.

Does anyone in the north west have this layout? Contemplating this myself, any issues ?

Back