Cascade Conversions - Rear Galley

Carbon13

T6 Pro
Another question......has anyone experience of a rear galley conversion in a T6 such as those built by Cascade Conversions ? It bears similarities with how a small caravan interior is designed with twin side seating, underseat storage, central table which drops to provide a near full size bed using the seat cushions. Passengers travel in a fixed rear seat up against the rear doors with a small cooking/washing up unit behind the drivers seat, passenger double is a spinner.

I may be starting to become a convertors nightmare customer.

Popped back for an update on the thread.......in short I'm going down to see Cascade, a five hour drive but based on a phone conversation I am really impressed with what I've seen ( photos ) and heard. Speaking with this guy is somewhat akin to discovering the reality behind the Washhouse or similar, no advertising, discovered by word of mouth and far better than you expected.

Current waiting list of 6 months for a build slot, supply your own van or they will supply a 6 month old delivery mileage SWB Highline in metallic for 17.5k + vat !, rarely build on LWB, conversion prices for the 'Solace' are very competitive imo, fitting a Wallas may be out of the question due to the smaller unit. The seating layout replicates the tried and tested caravan type front bed setup, huge underseat storage for clothes, food, awning, loo, refugees, equipment etc

Sitting against a backrest with cushions and legs out replicates how we sit in our caravan on cool evenings and would seem more comfortable than upright on a rock and roll or van seats.

I've attached a few pics, anyone have a view ?

campervan-conversions3-2.jpg

campervan-conversions15.jpg

campervan-conversions4.jpg

Popped back for an update on the thread.......in short I'm going down to see Cascade, a five hour drive but based on a phone conversation I am really impressed with what I've seen ( photos ) and heard. Speaking with this guy is somewhat akin to discovering the reality behind the Washhouse or similar, no advertising, discovered by word of mouth and far better than you expected.

Current waiting list of 6 months for a build slot, supply your own van or they will supply a 6 month old delivery mileage SWB Highline in metallic for 17.5k + vat !, rarely build on LWB, conversion prices for the 'Solace' are very competitive imo, fitting a Wallas may be out of the question due to the smaller unit. The seating layout replicates the tried and tested caravan type front bed setup, huge underseat storage for clothes, food, awning, loo, refugees, equipment etc

Sitting against a backrest with cushions and legs out replicates how we sit in our caravan on cool evenings and would seem more comfortable than upright on a rock and roll or van seats.

I've attached a few pics, anyone have a view ?

View attachment 18024

View attachment 18025

View attachment 18026
Conversion booked in for July - Rob has been first class throughout. Nothing is too much trouble: sourcing a great van, talking through the conversion, great advice, great price. Can't recommend highly enough - the quality of workmanship is outstanding, as the photo's indicate. The solace conversion offers so much more space and light than other types (imo). 1st class in every respect.

Conversion booked in for July - Rob has been first class throughout. Nothing is too much trouble: sourcing a great van, talking through the conversion, great advice, great price. Can't recommend highly enough - the quality of workmanship is outstanding, as the photo's indicate. The solace conversion offers so much more space and light than other types (imo). 1st class in every respect.
I like that layout, as you say, replicates a typical caravan. For similar reasons we went for a rear kitchen to separate the areas, seating at the front and kitchen / fridge at the back.

Like us, you may find yourself short on storage compared to a standard conversion, but I'm sure you have considered that and have fitted it all in in your head!

Lots of pics required when you eventually get it please :thumbsup: (mine will be uploaded as soon as I stop fettling the van!)

I like that layout, as you say, replicates a typical caravan. For similar reasons we went for a rear kitchen to separate the areas, seating at the front and kitchen / fridge at the back.

Like us, you may find yourself short on storage compared to a standard conversion, but I'm sure you have considered that and have fitted it all in in your head!

Lots of pics required when you eventually get it please :thumbsup: (mine will be uploaded as soon as I stop fettling the van!)
Hi CAB,

I'll definitely get some photo's up when job is done.

Yes, storage will need some thought but we are going for roof rails and box just in case we need extra, but the swivel seats have storage in the mech, and the u layout seats have storage running all the way underneath so hoping should be OK!!

While you're on - do you have an awning set up? if so, would you recommend??

Reactions: CAB
Hi CAB,

I'll definitely get some photo's up when job is done.

Yes, storage will need some thought but we are going for roof rails and box just in case we need extra, but the swivel seats have storage in the mech, and the u layout seats have storage running all the way underneath so hoping should be OK!!

While you're on - do you have an awning set up? if so, would you recommend??
Can't recommend yet, not slept in it anywhere apart from the driveway! We have just a wind-out Fiamma, but then we don't intend to be in one place long, it's just for a bit of shade or shelter. Just the two of us, so likely to be touring daily and we don't need family space.

There's a very good thread, "show us your awning" I think it's called, every variation under the sun!

I’m considering a solace conversion from Cascade. From convos with them did you say they don’t generally do LWB? I would have thought the extra length suited the U-shaped set up so just wondered on their reasoning? Also with 2 kids 4 and 8) to put in the back with boosters do you know if this is still likely to be a practical set up? I really like the u-shape versus standard conversion though.

I’m considering a solace conversion from Cascade. From convos with them did you say they don’t generally do LWB? I would have thought the extra length suited the U-shaped set up so just wondered on their reasoning? Also with 2 kids 4 and 8) to put in the back with boosters do you know if this is still likely to be a practical set up? I really like the u-shape versus standard conversion though.
Mine is due out shortly, I was thinking LWB and Rob didn’t say there would be any issues. My experience with Cascade has been faultless, couldn’t recommend highly enough. I think the u set up would work very well in either SWB or LWB. I’d give Rob a ring and see what he can do.

Can't recommend yet, not slept in it anywhere apart from the driveway! We have just a wind-out Fiamma, but then we don't intend to be in one place long, it's just for a bit of shade or shelter. Just the two of us, so likely to be touring daily and we don't need family space.

There's a very good thread, "show us your awning" I think it's called, every variation under the sun!
Went for a Vango Altona in the end, haven’t used it yet but fingers crossed it ticks the boxes!

Reactions: CAB
Mine is due out shortly, I was thinking LWB and Rob didn’t say there would be any issues. My experience with Cascade has been faultless, couldn’t recommend highly enough. I think the u set up would work very well in either SWB or LWB. I’d give Rob a ring and see what he can do.
Excellent! And if he has any info on where 2 kids (with boosters) sit in this set up I’d be really interested to hear. Forward facing at the back or at the side facing the centre. Thanks!

Excellent! And if he has any info on where 2 kids (with boosters) sit in this set up I’d be really interested to hear. Forward facing at the back or at the side facing the centre. Thanks!
From memory I think you could choose between two and optional seat belts - so they could sit either way! I’d call to confirm To make sure.

Fantastic!!! That’s great to see. Very excited as off to see Cascade next weekend to view the show vehicle!

Would anyone with a finished Solace be able to comment on the storage situation? Went down to see Rob and as noted he was super helpful. We’re just wondering about the lack of boot space compared to a classic conversion layout for stashing things like awning and overnight bags. Definitely thinking a roof box would help but anyone with practical experience of using the Solace in the field would be much appreciated. Still really like this design after seeing it in the flesh!

what are the dimensions of the seats, height, length, width how big in length is the bed when made up. i am 6,,3 need more info befor i commit. it looks fantastic.

Would anyone with a finished Solace be able to comment on the storage situation? Went down to see Rob and as noted he was super helpful. We’re just wondering about the lack of boot space compared to a classic conversion layout for stashing things like awning and overnight bags. Definitely thinking a roof box would help but anyone with practical experience of using the Solace in the field would be much appreciated. Still really like this design after seeing it in the flesh!
Storage under seats, but awnings and the like go either in mid-van or in roof box. Recommend roof bars to go with. Can't imagine the sitaution would be any different in more conventional layout? The sense of room in the van is great. Can't see me ever going for anything other than Solace.

I called Rob yesterday for a quick chat. Got quick quote and also informed that it would be August/September before any available slots for fit out.

Back