Carrying Weight

Proberts

T6 Guru
Hi everyone.
I need to get some topsoil for my garden, approx 2 tonne. Is it safe to carry 1 tonne at a time in a t28 trendline ?There is nothing inside the van apart from me. They are bagged so not loose so wont get too mucky inside.
Cheers.

Payload is circa 881kg so depending on weights of driver, fuel load etc., you will be well over the limit. You might also find that, depending on position of the soil in the van, it sags at the back with so much weight (might need to shift the bag forward if you can) - I'd do 3 journeys

Depends what your T6 weighs empty. If it is a panel van, then probably about 1,800kg according to various internet sources. Our T6 camper weighs 2,200 kg with just the fixed campervan kit in it.
You are going to be close to or over the limit I would guess.

Pete

Thank you Davenjo. Think i will pay the rip off price to have it delivered. So annoying when its only 10 miles away.

Cheers Pete. Its a panel van but windows on barn doors and sides to would imagine thats pushed it up a few kilos more from standard.

Assume you were thinking of 2 x 1 tonne bags or is it 40 25kg bags at a time, remember, easy to load it at the supplier but you have to unload it at home...

Dont need an excuse Fish, Its getting done regardless. Wouldnt want it snapping though on way home with a tonne bag in the back.
Yes, 1 tonne bags wheeliebealie. Would still have to barrow the soil whether they drop it off or i pick it up. Getting delivered next week though. Fingers crossed for rain then lol ;-)

Back