Carpeted plylining roof kit

Scruffy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Does anyone know of a supplier of the roof panels that are already lined in something similar to the VW material. The guy who lined my mine, did it in.......well, hard to describe. Black Axminster ! It's so thick, the connecting strips keep popping out and squeak like hell.

Basically I want to start again.

Havent heard of anything, a few suppliers like megavanmats do a fabric they say is similar to VW headlining in colour but you still have to apply it yourself

Hi @Scruffy , have you already tried some of the longer 'fir-tree' style fixings for the roof trim strip that some companies do? I have used some nice foam backed headlining and went for black as a contrast rather than trying to match the cab headlining, but I digress. The original fixings were too short, but megavanmats and harrision trim supplies I know both do the longer ones specifically for that.

The problem is not the fixings, they're self tappers, so solid. But the carpet is so thick, the joining strips keep popping out.

I've actually just found a place on eBay that do what I'm looking for, they just need to match up the colours.

You can get extended fixing pins for the strips as well

The pins that retain the strips are not very reusable, my strip has been off twice and now one end will not stay in place keeps popping out on the bit that curves the most just in from the edge of the roof panel, removing and reinserting once or twice just loosens them a little bit and they need to be replaced, you may be ok with standard length replacement.
Heres the first one i found from ebay but there are more around if you search
10 EXTRA LONG Roof Trim Strip Fixing Clips VW Transporter T4 or T5 Lining Carpet

The pins that retain the strips are not very reusable, my strip has been off twice and now one end will not stay in place keeps popping out on the bit that curves the most just in from the edge of the roof panel, removing and reinserting once or twice just loosens them a little bit and they need to be replaced, you may be ok with standard length replacement.
Heres the first one i found from ebay but there are more around if you search
10 EXTRA LONG Roof Trim Strip Fixing Clips VW Transporter T4 or T5 Lining Carpet
Yess @Pauly cheers been looking all over for these.

Back