Carista

Discussion in 'VCDS / VAGCOM Information & Requests' started by AndyAK66, 3 Nov 2017.

1. AndyAK66

AndyAK66 Member

Map
    Dongle arrived today, plugged in and followed instructions, paid my subscription, got most everything working apart from drive away locking, I've got two options A or B neither work neither will the coming home lights when I remove the ignition key, anyone help please, being a dumb arse I assume you remove the dongle when done......

2. mmi

mmi Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Coming home light is activated by flashing high beam - not just removing the ignition key.

I think the fix for Carista to enable Auto-Lock is on the way - currently in beta release. That has been discussed in other thread Carista App?

Last edited: 3 Nov 2017
  3. AndyAK66

AndyAK66 Member

Map
    Thanks will check the thread out, was going on what's on the menu thought it had been updated

4. Chrisfraser05

Chrisfraser05 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Both those functions work on my 67 highline

I'm sure they worked before I joined the beta program too

5. AndyAK66

AndyAK66 Member

Map
    Mine November 66 plate, sorry what's Beta programme, it's not another dark art is it

6. PukkaT6

PukkaT6 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Andy - send an email to carista saying some features dont work and they will offer you a beta version of the app - its free and the drive away locking works. I never did get coming home lights to work even with beta tbh - mines a 17 plate MY18 model

AndyAK66 likes this.
  7. Chrisfraser05

I'm wondering if it's something in your bcm Richard as mine works

8. AndyAK66

AndyAK66 Member

Map
    Thanks I've just dropped them an email, how do you tell model as in MY18 is it on the log book, had quite few transporters this is the first one I've got into messing with, learning as I go along

9. Chrisfraser05

When did you receive it?

My18's started delivery about September/August and come with the square radar sensor on the front bumper for city brake as standard.

If you ordered adaptive cruise before this you also would have that radar unit though

10. PukkaT6

PukkaT6 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    His is november 66 so should be MY17 id imagine.

Chrisfraser05 likes this.
  11. AndyAK66

AndyAK66 Member

Map
    Yeh I ordered my van in January 16 but didn't arrive until November 16, I think VW were looking for a world record in the longest lead time to build a T6 and see how many excuses the salesman could come up with to sand bag me, I've not got the square on the front so I assume mind is a MY 17

12. Deaky

Deaky On yer bike VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
  13. JaySal

JaySal Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Carista arrived today and I have a month free use of the Pro software with the App if anyone is local and wants to use.

Hickey likes this.
  14. DaveBos

DaveBos Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Was fiddling with Carista today to clear an airbag fault (unplugged the key switch for the passenger airbag and turned on ignition) and noticed there is an option now to turned off the drl when indicating. Don't remember seeing this when I used it 18 months ago.

15. JaySal

Map
    there is a wink option which switches the DRL off for the side which is indicating.

16. Bill4750

Bill4750 Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I have seen other vehicles that have that, I don’t think I like it - it looks odd

Tourershine likes this.
  17. JaySal

Map
    Does draw your attention to the indicator though if a vehicle has bright DRLs

18. DaveBos

Map
    I have enabled it, would have preferred a dimming option.

19. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    Have you tested it, does it work ?

20. DaveBos

Map
    Yes it works for me, but only when the headlights are off.

SofaKing likes this.
Tags: