Carista parking light options?

Thor

Norwegian member
Hi folks! I have a couple of issues with how the lights on my van functions that are annoying me, so hoping maybe you guys can help. Van is a mostly basic Norwegian 2016 150hp 4motion, standard h4 headlights. Unlikely that anyone have been messing with Carista or VCDS before me, but not impossible.

When i got the van putting the switch in parking light mode would leave the DRL's on with the parking lights effectively making the parking not be parking lights??? I've worked around this by activating the parking lights with handbrake setting, but I'd still like to have the parking lights setting activate the parking lights only (as unnecessary parking brake use is best avoided during our winters). Am I missing something or is there something weird going on?

Possibly related to the above: Carista has settings for "Parking lights only when ignitions is on" and "Parking lights only when ignitions is off". What does these options do?

Also, is there any way to force trailer lights? My trailer with LED lights works fine, but the wood chipper at work does not... I hate when they try to make things smart that do not need to be, it never goes well.

Last edited:
parking lights setting activate the parking lights only
Yes, T6 can be tweaked to do this.
In other tools (VCDS, OBDeleven) the setting to be tweaked is "Daytime running lights with parking light (Tagfahrlicht bei Standlicht)"

In other tools (VCDS, OBDeleven) the setting to be tweaked is "Daytime running lights with parking light (Tagfahrlicht bei Standlicht)"

Thanks, I did not check in the "other" category. Will have a look in the morning!

I've had a look now and there is no such settings here?

I've had a look now and there is no such settings here?
Obviously a shortcoming of Carista. VCDS and OBDeleven both are capable of tweaking every single control parameter of all control modules. Carista does only few preselected ones.

Back