Carista - Main & High Beam

GingerDub

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All

QQ - can Carista allow me to leave main beam on when high beam is active?

I'm upgrading to THQ v3 DRLs and don't fancy having to get hold of VCDS

Cheers

Yes, but the heat with both on will burn them out. I have H4's and tried it, man did they get hot.

He's fitting THQ lights. The separate dipped and main beam lamps allow them to be on together, just like OEM H7 lights.

I didn't think that V3's needed this coding as unlike V1's and V2's, they are wired to leave dipped beam on anyway.

He's fitting THQ lights. The separate dipped and main beam lamps allow them to be on together, just like OEM H7 lights.

I didn't think that V3's needed this coding as unlike V1's and V2's, they are wired to leave dipped beam on anyway.
Didn't think V3s by default will leave main beam on with high beam - understood you had to code that change OR Carista which is what I'm hoping I can use instead.

Didn't think V3s by default will leave main beam on with high beam - understood you had to code that change OR Carista which is what I'm hoping I can use instead.
I'm probably wrong, but I'm sure I'd read it somewhere. Perhaps it's the new T6.1 lights that do this. A quick call to THQ will confirm.

Hi - so fitted the headlights and by default the main beam stays in with high beam BUT only in drivers side.

Carista does not give me the option to switch this on or off.

Any ideas?

As I said before, I thought that V3's were wired to do this, so maybe it's a faulty relay in the headlight.

As I said before, I thought that V3's were wired to do this, so maybe it's a faulty relay in the headlight.
So you were right, with engine running both beams stay on with high beam but left side goes off then on again and throws a fault light on dash….¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Call to THQ I think

Hi - so fitted the headlights and by default the main beam stays in with high beam BUT only in drivers side.

Carista does not give me the option to switch this on or off.

Any ideas?
Are you using the Beta?

Back