Carista app DPF regen

Steve Hales

T6 Guru
Had an email from Carista support today regarding beta testing a new feature - DPF regen on my T6.1.
I've not had chance to try it yet but could be very useful for the those who mainly do short journeys.
Will give it a try tomorrow and report back.

Do you find Carista works well with the 6.1? I’m thinking of getting one but hesitating as the 6.1 isn’t on Caristas list

I've not used it much, originally got it and managed to get on the beta program and make some changes like "needle sweep" on ignition switch on and single bleep when locking the van so I can hear it's locked.
It seems to access the T6.1 system ok and there's plenty to play with.

Last edited:
When i had a quick look at mine it said 18.g of soot and a regen not needed as well. Wonder if it will force one if saying that at that level?.

Now this is exciting!! Not got carista or vcds but thinking of getting one or tother.

What is the timescale for beta versions to move into production?

Regards
Ian

When i had a quick look at mine it said 18.g of soot and a regen not needed as well. Wonder if it will force one if saying that at that level?.
I would’ve done it, but the van’s got my two cars behind it and I couldn’t be bothered to move them! Next time I go out I’ll regen regardless!

Last edited:
Now this is exciting!! Not got carista or vcds but thinking of getting one or tother.

What is the timescale for beta versions to move into production?

Regards
Ian
Not sure of the timescales, but the sooner the better!

Gave it a try today, said it needed doing so I put the van in manual (dsg) and gave it a blast for 15 mins. Started with 30g of soot and after said 13g
Interesting... was the engine cold or already hot when the DPF regeration was triggered?

Gave it a try today, said it needed doing so I put the van in manual (dsg) and gave it a blast for 15 mins. Started with 30g of soot and after said 13g I think so a successful test.View attachment 92924
Be interesting to give it a good run at 2500RPM without triggering the active regen and seeing what it reduces to using passive regen only. I may try that aswell. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
I’m monitoring my soot levels. Seems to add about 0.5g on my 6 mile commute to work, each way. (Based on only 2 data points so far)
Only on 18g currently.

Last edited:
I’m monitoring my soot levels. Seems to add about 0.5g on my 6 mile commute to work, each way. (Based on only 2 data points so far)
Only on 18g currently.
That’s interesting. What sort of speed road is that on? Does the van fully warm up over your 6 mile commute?

Yeah I wondered that. But as they don’t come on anyway unless it’s really needed, I’m not convinced the device will trigger that.

That’s interesting. What sort of speed roads is that on? Does the van fully warm up over 6 miles?
Half less than 40, then about 60. Yes it does fully warm on the way in. Only just on way home. Just by dash needle, not mfd

I have an active Carista subscription but haven’t had an email about the beta testing, could someone send it my way please, if possible of course :thumbsup:

Back