Carista CarPlay / Android Auto App?

CJW

2016 T6.0 T32 SL-to-Camper
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I had a thought yesterday whilst using Carista - if it had a CarPlay / Android Auto companion app, it could feasibly allow you to make a custom selection of readings / gauges to display on your head unit whilst driving. I emailed their customer service to suggest it.

I was thinking that I’d appreciate being able to see:

* Engine / Oil Temperature - so I know when it’s safe to give it a little more welly.

* DPF Soot level, so I can be extra careful to make sure there’s more than 1/4 tank of fuel ready for the regen.

* Regen status - to calm the nerves.

What might you want to see? Have I missed any obvious ones?

I’m not Android user but Carista plug can be used as a generic OBD2 adapter. You should be able to use Torque or other Android apps for dashboarding - Carista even lists some compatible ones: Supported Apps

Reactions: mmi
I’m not Android user but Carista plug can be used as a generic OBD2 adapter. You should be able to use Torque or other Android apps for dashboarding - Carista even lists some compatible ones: Supported Apps
Thanks, I’ll have a plough through and see if any of those have a companion CarPlay / AA app.

None have a CP/AA app, so you could see the dash on your phone, but not the head unit. Exactly the same idea though - really useful list, thanks, will have a look at the list of features.

I had a thought yesterday whilst using Carista - if it had a CarPlay / Android Auto companion app, it could feasibly allow you to make a custom selection of readings / gauges to display on your head unit whilst driving. I emailed their customer service to suggest it.

I was thinking that I’d appreciate being able to see:

* Engine / Oil Temperature - so I know when it’s safe to give it a little more welly.

* DPF Soot level, so I can be extra careful to make sure there’s more than 1/4 tank of fuel ready for the regen.

* Regen status - to calm the nerves.

What might you want to see? Have I missed any obvious ones?
I thought just the same. Can't use your iPhone when driving but on the Apple Carplay on your head unit, it would be perfect. You could do a quick PDF clean whenever you like then.

Reactions: CJW
I thought just the same. Can't use your iPhone when driving but on the Apple Carplay on your head unit, it would be perfect. You could do a quick PDF clean whenever you like then.
It would be great track DPF soot level and regen status.

I emailed Carista some time ago. They answered saying ‘yes but no idea when’.

Thing is, one could leave the carista dongle in all the time and people would get more of a sense of value from the subscription. They must have a high drop-out rate.

Back