Carista Battery Registration with older T6

widu13

Retired Bobby
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just for information more than anything...My early T6 (a Euro 5) but start stop built 11/15, uses a CAN protocol that is too old for Carista's battery registration (as of Jan 22). Carista do plan on supporting this feature, but are not able to supply a date for the go live

Thanks for the information, I have the same model 11/15 and the original battery so I'm sure it will need replacement soon.

Think I have read on the forum that its not critical to code battery as it self learns after multiple runs and everything still works , especially if the same size and type are used.
Does this sound correct.

Hopefully as you have stated Carista will release something soon for an older t6 with stop/start.

Thanks for the information, I have the same model 11/15 and the original battery so I'm sure it will need replacement soon.

Think I have read on the forum that its not critical to code battery as it self learns after multiple runs and everything still works , especially if the same size and type are used.
Does this sound correct.

Hopefully as you have stated Carista will release something soon for an older t6 with stop/start.
Yes that's what I understand too. My battery's not quite dead but it's draining in about a week if not used... Better safe than sorry!

I use my van for travel and as I dont drive the van regularly I put it on a smart charger weekly to hopefully keep battery in good condition.
But will have to replace it soon I feel.

Back