Carista battery code

I just changed the last digit of the existing code so it recognised the new battery

No, I read somewhere on the forum that the code only needs to be changed so the vehicle recognises that a new battery has been fitted. I couldn’t find a specific code for the new battery

Hi both. Just to confirm, is this possible with Carista? Or do I need OBD11 or VCDS/Vagcom?

If you change the capacity of the battery ( from say a 75Ah to a 95Ah model ) or the type of battery ( from an EFB to an AGM ) then this needs to be updated as well to allow the van’s charging system to work best with the new battery parameters.
Just changing the serial number is fine if the battery that is going in is the exact same make and model as the one coming out, the new serial number lets the van’s system know that something has changed and it resets the learned charging and discharging characteristics as the old battery aged.

hi sorry to hijack this thread but I’m trying to code a new battery into my t6 it currently has a varta battery but tps has sent me a moll replacement same pt no as the varta but when I try to code with vcds the drop down screen with the manufactures codes hasn’t got the code that’s on the moll supplied battery think it was eab listed so would I just change the code to the moll code listed on the drop down list or just leave it coded for the varta and change the serial number .. would that be good enough
Thanks

I’ve just fitted my new Bosch 95Ah battery (S5 A13). Coded with Carista.

My question… why is there no option to change battery type?

Previous battery was a Varta AGM (75Ah).

Do I need to be concerned that the right battery type is coded? Does the van expect AGM by default?

E56D1972-05A9-443C-8851-B8A24F33B7A2.jpegF745C303-DD63-4EBA-BE98-52613634D4D0.png

The Carista website shows the battery type as being one of the things you can modify, don't know why you can't.Carista.jpg

Related question - just changed the battery on ours. Carista won't let me change the serial number, but I have changed the manufacturer. Presumably this is enough to ensure that the van knows the battery has changed ?

Pete

I’ve just fitted my new Bosch 95Ah battery (S5 A13). Coded with Carista.

My question… why is there no option to change battery type?

Previous battery was a Varta AGM (75Ah).

Do I need to be concerned that the right battery type is coded? Does the van expect AGM by default?

View attachment 188540View attachment 188541
I've actually installed the same battery.
I came up with the same issue. No Battery technology option.
Also like you I could not see a Bosch manufacture option.

Did you manage to work out a solution?

There's no Bosch option, but since Bosch batteries are made by Varta, use the Varta code instead.
As I said before, the carista website shows the technology type on their screenshots, don't know why it's not there for you.

I've actually installed the same battery.
I came up with the same issue. No Battery technology option.
Also like you I could not see a Bosch manufacture option.

Did you manage to work out a solution?

I did this. It’s been a while. I guess it’s worked!? Battery appears to be working great.

IMG_1794.png

Back