Carista tweaks

Do you have the 2 buttons at either side of the speedos?

Yes. The one on the left lets me change the time and then flicks between two service interval screens. the one on the right resets the trip counter. I've tried holding both in for a few seconds etc and no menu appears. I also have the toggle on my wiper stock and tried holding that in and nothing (individual clicks cycle through the various displays). The final button is on the underside of the stalk and doesnt do anything while held in.

I dont have a manual for my van and cant find one online either

I'm wondering if I need the original head unit to make the changes that would normally be done on the mfd menu? I have read the owners manual and it says some units don't have the menu. On the vw radio there was a setup button. I've now sold the radio though and can't check if that was car setup or just radio setup

Ok thanks Pauly. May just have to live without the digital mph display. Ironically I activated it on my mates golf today using carista and he loves it now

I've just bought the Carista unit and a weeks subscription.
Managed to do the tear wipe and set up the large mph speedo in the MFD.
I cant seem to get the auto lock when driving to work though! I've tried setting the unlock when keys removed but it still doesnt want to work.
Also tried leaving it over night!!
Any tips or advice as i really want this function?
Cheers!

P.S im on a 17 plate T6 Kombi Highline if that makes a difference!

Weird, I'll have to keep setting it up and removing it and hopefully it will eventually work.
Have you guys set the key to open all doors on single push or just the drivers door?

Thats frustrating! Can a VW dealer set it up do you know?
You'll have no joy getting a stealer to do these mods. When I first picked up my van, before finding this excellent repository of knowledge, I asked my dealer why there was Km/h on the dash in digital form. I was told it was for safety because if you go to the continent you need to know what speed your driving at. I then pointed out that the analogue speedo was also segmented for km/h. He came back saying that their "master technician" says it can't be done!!! What a pile.

I've set mine up to only open drivers door then open rest on second push. That's the way my audi is set up and I like it. What I can't decide on though is if the barn doors should unlock when I take the key out. I like the rest of the doors unlocking with key out but unsure about barn door, I may change that later

Weird, I'll have to keep setting it up and removing it and hopefully it will eventually work.
Have you guys set the key to open all doors on single push or just the drivers door?
Single push for drivers door for me.

It does seem hit and miss. I managed the door locking no bother, but couldn't achieve the large MPH on speedo!?

Does anyone know if you can use Carista to clear an airbag light?
I foolishly left the passenger side dash end panel (containing the airbag deactivation switch) off and turned the ignition on. I've replaced the panel and the passenger airbag is now active again but it seems the van has logged a fault code.

Back