Carista tweaks

More knowledgeable people can answer but from what I've gleamed from this forum is it depends on what module and year your van is (I wanted to do this as well).

Assuming you have folding mirrors with the manual knob, if you have an early T6 or a more recent one (2016 and 2018 I think) this can be programed. If, like me, you have a 2017 then the module need changing to allow this to be programed.

If it can all be done I think its a long press when locking to get them to fold.

Yes, I have the 2017 model... maybe thats why I can't see the option..

From another folding mirror thread:

What van are you trying to do it on ?
MY16 can be coded
MY17 needs hardware added
MY18 does it as standard

Curtesy of @Pauly

My van was road registered in January 2017 but might be a 2016 model, is there an easy way to tell the difference?

Sorry but am I being thick? I have MY16 (G) but I can't find the power fold on lock function in carista. Also whilst I 'm on the subject. To get large MPH on display I have to select Australia as the region and then set the parameters to MPH from KPH.

I just bought the Carista device as I'd read many forum threads on the topic so I can enable door locking when driving away and to enable the dash display to show the current speed in MPH. So I hope you can help.

Vehicle is a LHD version, and following guidelines on this forum you should change the country to Australia, then on the car display change units to miles/mpg (UK) and untick the ‘alternative display’ setting. Which I did, see photos but the speed on the dash still show (large as required) in km/h not mph. Have I done something wrong or is it different settings for the LHD version? Tried it a few times, unplugged it, restarted ignition, but still displays in km/h, contradicting the average speed mph

IMG_4356.jpg IMG_4357.jpg IMG_4360.jpg IMG_4361.jpg IMG_4358.jpg IMG_4359.jpg

We have MPH speedo and yours is km/h so perhaps you also need a setting in instruments which Carista won't be able to do for you..

We have MPH speedo and yours is km/h so perhaps you also need a setting in instruments which Carista won't be able to do for you..
I don't think that's the case. I've read elsewhere on LHD versions the Carista app should still do the same thing regardless of if its LHD or RHD as many import their VW Californias from the EU. I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong

I can't see you are doing anything wrong.. Maybe the mph setting didn't take, try setting it to kph save and then back to mph?

tried that, save as km/h, then back to mph. but nope, still only displays in km/h yet everything else is in mph. Confused and frustrated

Have you changed consumption/dist units back to gallons/mph
I.e

"You have to convert the display from U.K. To Australia (on Carista). Then on the mfd go to settings. Untick alt speed dis, then go to mfd data and tick digit speed. Finally change consumption/dist units back to gallons/mph job done"

yes, as per screenshot, everything is in gallons/mpg though maybe not done it in that order. I changed it to Australia. Went to the MFD, changed that to miles/mpg/gallons etc in the 'Consumption/Dist' setting and unticked 'Alt speed disp'. Then checked if it worked, and get the large display still in km/h, everything else in mph/gallons etc. I'll try it the other way around.

Tried that order of doing it, but makes no difference. What I did notice though was when you said 'Then on the mfd go to settings. Untick alt speed dis, then go to mfd data and tick digit speed' when I did it I go to mfd settings, untick alt speed dis then go to mfd data and tick digit speed, that was already ticked.

We can't get the large Km/h speedo on a RHD vehicle so it looks to me as if the reverse is true in this case.

Sorry but am I being thick? I have MY16 (G) but I can't find the power fold on lock function in carista. Also whilst I 'm on the subject. To get large MPH on display I have to select Australia as the region and then set the parameters to MPH from KPH.
The mirror fold is attached to the Comfort closing setting. With this activated, if you hold the lock button on the remote down the mirrors should fold.

Back