Carista tweaks

Surely if you have powered mirrors you will have the option on the mirror switch for 'folding'? Or do VW sometimes include power folding mirrors without the option to actually make use of them?

Surely if you have powered mirrors you will have the option on the mirror switch for 'folding'? Or do VW sometimes include power folding mirrors without the option to actually make use of them?

I am just assuming that anyone that asks about folding on key fob, already has electric folding mirrors !!!!

Just had a play with Carista, overall very impressive but I Can't seem to get the auto lock to work? Any thoughts?

Selecting option B seems to have worked :)
Got the same problem on mine, no autolocking tried method a but nothing so going to try method b tomorrow see if I have any joy but got everything else to work the way I wanted with carista, don't suppose anyone knows the difference between method a and b on carista auto locking do they.

If the auto lock is set up and your doors have locked, when you stop but still have the engine running, from the inside can you still open the door as normal? Also, if it does open, if you get out still with the engine running (say to open a gate) and close the door does it lock itself again - locking you out??

I can open the door, but needs a bit of extra effort on the door pull. I usually use the drivers unlock button by the mirror/window buttons. Not sure if it locks when you get out, I wouldn’t of thought so.

To get out, double pull the door handle or use the drivers unlock button if the door shuts you will be ok because the locks don't engage until you get to 10mph

Got the same problem on mine, no autolocking tried method a but nothing so going to try method b tomorrow see if I have any joy but got everything else to work the way I wanted with carista, don't suppose anyone knows the difference between method a and b on carista auto locking do they.
Switched to method b for locking and unlocking that seemed to sort it, well happy thanks T6 paul

Could you reset an ACC fault with Carista? Unable to reactivate mine and cannot see anything obvious that is wrong

The ACC normally shows a fault if one or more dependant systems are faulted or the alignment is out, so it may come straight back, probably need a VCDS scan to see what the fault is..

Is the Carista app and obd2 adaptor any good? As usual saw it want it.
Am i right in assuming it is just a more basic version of vcd?

I agree.
I paid for the years subscription, and have had way above my monies worth just messing about with the settings on mine, and my mates VW's.
Plus there are actually quite a few changes that benefit you as a driver that are switched off as standard.

Back