Carista tweaks

Thanks for the reply
I must admit the software is older,but I can see the option and select it but will not change .
I’d did do the auto lock as I did on my T5.1 that I have and it worked ok
Do you think I need to update the software ?
Am I doing it in the correct module ?

Thanks
John

Definitely update to the latest version
VCDS will always connect to the vehicle but could be missing the correct label files for the modules you are trying to load
My 2016 software wouldn’t work when MY17 came out so I had to update then again when MY18 came out

Thanks for the reply
Not having a good day,I installed the latest version 17.8.1 and now my tablet has crashed :(

Reactions: DJR
It was running on a garage style tablet made by RM plc in Oxford this was running Windows XP
I purchased this second hand, (was running version 11.11.3),I have sent an email to Ross-tec to see what they advised but no reply yes.
It is early in US
I have loaded the new version on my laptop running windows 7 but when i try to connect (first time) it comes up with Ross-tec USB interface not found USB libary version 03.02.07 interface not found.
This is with the interface plugged in and ignition on?
Running out of ideas

Thanks
John

With the lead plugged in, go into the devices control panel and take a look at the devices windows has loaded, look under usb and see if the lead is recognised as a ross tech device, if you see an unknown device, right click and remove it.
Unplug the lead and plug it back in so it can be rediscovered and the the correct driver can be associated with it.

Again thanks for the reply
I have done this as you have sayedbut it still will not load the drivers.
When i look in the folder it islisted as unspecified,the properties recorgnise it is a ross-Tec Hex-USB and in the hardware when i click on it it shows port location port_#0002.hub#0003 details sayes property hardware Ids and shows USB\VID_04003&rev_0600 etc
This is confusing me as it looks as if it has no driver but the Ross-Tec is recorgnised??

Remove the device and reinstall vcds and after the main install it should install the updated usb drivers, then plug it in again.

Just a thought... you might need to check with R-T that their new driver recognises you older lead, you may need an older driver off them for it?.

Thanks for all the help.
Now I know why ,I purchased this from Flebay two years ago and it turns out that it is a cloned copy!!
I emailed Ross-Tech and they have told me this.

So Back to the drawing board,may look at Carista or something similar to have a play with.

Again I appreciate the help from all you guys
John

Check out the forum usermap, see if there are any VCDS members nearby who could help out, they will show as yellow pins on the map

Just ordered a Carista from Amazon, Looking forward to doing the following:-

Blink mode for the DRL/Indicator on the new THQ lights
Auto locking
MPH digital display

Can it do the following?

Auto fold mirrors on lock?
H7 main and dip on at same time?

Just ordered a Carista from Amazon, Looking forward to doing the following:-

Blink mode for the DRL/Indicator on the new THQ lights
Auto locking
MPH digital display

Can it do the following?

Auto fold mirrors on lock?
H7 main and dip on at same time?

Dont forget tear drop wipe and needle sweep ;)

Hi @RAP605 ,

that all depends on the door control modules and whether its a euro 5 or euro 6, more than happy to plug it in and see what we can do.:thumbsup:

Hi Craigsom,

How will I know if my mirrors can fold in, is it recorded somewhere as foldy mirrors ?

Cheers Jay

Hi Craigsom,

How will I know if my mirrors can fold in, is it recorded somewhere as foldy mirrors ?

Cheers Jay

the only definite way is it plug in to VCDS and see if its available, is yours a euro 5 or 6?

Hi Craigsom,

Cheers Jay
You'll have a mirror switch similar to this. If you don't have the mirror symbol indicated then you don't have folding mirrors. If you do have it then it depends on the modules in the doors whether the mirrors can be coded to fold from your key fob.

mk6-folding-miror-switch.jpg

Back