Carista tweaks

I gave up. Bluetooth reader on order. Should be here tomorrow. More of a hardware issue than software. Old ipad is knackered and no usb charger..
Just used the carista app and in 15 mins I have tear drop wipers, large MPH,brake lights flash on emergency stop, fog lights for coming home lights, windows to open or close on key fob, heated wing mirrors to work with rear heater automatically. Beep on open and close, needle sweep.
So if anyone is arond Whitley bay I have the app for a week and am happy for Anyone to cal around and use it. Would love wing mirrors to fold on the fob and also the fade on my head unit to work as have had rear speakers fitted so if there is anyone out there with the reprogramming lead around Newcastle area that can help me out that would be appreciated.

Cheers peeps

Based on all the information in this thread I’ve now ordered my own Carista looking forward to setting up a few options.

Will share the outcome later

The ad doesnt say, does the one-month free trial have to start immediately?
Or could you buy the adapter now then register it when you actually need the 'pro' functions?
Cheers
Phil

I bought mine 18 months ago and paid for the week. Plugged it in yesterday and used the free months trial.

@Phil_G Hi Phil, you can buy the adapter when you wish, got mine for 9.99 off amazon think they went up to 15.00 recently, then when you first start the app on your phone it gives you the option to start your one month free trial, you have to sign up for the year £33 if I remember then do your changes then cancel before the month is up, or you can pay 7.99 for a week, hope this makes sense.

Just spent 20mins setting things up & managed to get all the little perks to work including the door lock unlock with no problems.

Recommend 100%.
Based in Wokingham if anybody needs to change a few things your more than welcome to drop me a message.

My Carista module arrived today from Amazon & I'm not sure what to do as its quite obviously 'used' - the packaging is torn right through, the outer protective (jewel) case is cracked and the module itself is covered in greasy fingerprints!
I'll try it, then ponder if its worth the fuss of returning it.

Edit: seems to work ok, at least it says my pug has no faults... no dub to hand at the moment!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi when you change the country from uk to Australia to gain the large MPH display does this remove the digital KPH display? Thanks

Just bought my carista adaptor from amazon £15.99, wifes polo getting few tweeks, then my transporter, when I get it back towards the end of next week.
I wonder if it will work with my BMW motorcycle as that has an obd2 system too

Hi when you change the country from uk to Australia to gain the large MPH display does this remove the digital KPH display? Thanks
It opens up a couple more options in the mfd menu, one to remove the kph display and one to add the large mph, so yes it does remove it but it can be turned on and off using steering wheel buttons

It opens up a couple more options in the mfd menu, one to remove the kph display and one to add the large mph, so yes it does remove it but it can be turned on and off using steering wheel buttons

I love large MPH display on my wife polo. I got so used to it now that I miss it on my Transporter, can't wait for adaptor to arrive now.

Hi guys
I have vag com
It is an older version,but it is connection ok.
I have been trying to change the MPH so it shows the large screen,I have changed the auto door locking but can not change from uk to Australia version on the options (instruments )
Every time I try and change it the error comes up error 13 too long code,am I missing something ?
Thanks John

Age of the lead doesn’t matter as long as you have updated the software, you should be running a recent version or things may not work

Back