Carista app DPF regen

When you do a forced regen with Carista, all it does is trick the van into thinking it has reached 30g, which triggers the van to do a regen.
You are way beyond those conditions, so Carista is not the right tool. Get it into VW ASAP or you will be buying a new dpf at £2k gbp +

You could email the Carista people and ask them if the forced regen should work at any soot level or just 30 grms or under, be interesting to get their take on it. you can contact them via the app menu, contact customer services
I emailed them before I bought the Carista.
They said "In that case, you should be able to run DPF regeneration with our service tool." , but apparently not.

@huw169 I know, but I will take that risk. The other soot value, measured is 2g, the differential pressure isn't so high, also the van isn't in limp mode.

Last edited:
59g
I had a faulty fuel temp sensor and didn't do regen for like 1000 miles. I couldn't repair the faulty fuel temp sensor and had to ride back home like this.
After a couple hundreds of miles, the check engine appear and the high soot level fault.
Hi did you get sorted with this, I have had the same issue repaired the wiring to the fuel temp sensor now stopped regening, how did you cure this if you don’t mind me asking

Hi did you get sorted with this, I have had the same issue repaired the wiring to the fuel temp sensor now stopped regening, how did you cure this if you don’t mind me asking
Hi
You need to lower the ash mass value (less than 60g or 50g , can’t recall exactly, I put it under 30g) via VCDS than you can do regen .
You can adapt the ash mass value in Adaptation

Hi
You need to lower the ash mass value (less than 60g or 50g , can’t recall exactly, I put it under 30g) via VCDS than you can do regen .
You can adapt the ash mass value in Adaptation
Can I do this with Carista do you no?

Can I do this with Carista do you no?
No, you can’t.
First I bought Carista, hoping I could trigger a regen or lower ash soot value but you can’t.
You need VCDS.
And don’t try with ebay replicas because they fail to change the value (that was in my case)
So I bought a genuine VCDS.

No, you can’t.
First I bought Carista, hoping I could trigger a regen or lower ash soot value but you can’t.
You need VCDS.
And don’t try with ebay replicas because they fail to change the value (that was in my case)
So I bought a genuine VCDS.
What did you pay for that? And which one I believe there is different options

I bought the one with 3 VIN’s
Paid ~200€
I live in Romania so prices will differ in other country’s
Ok so I have just plugged Carista in and it says soot level is 10g, presume I should be able to do a force regen now?

Just seems strange before I had the break in wit to fuel temp sensor the fan was always on when I pulled up at work which is around 12 miles and it’s not done it for ages, maybe it’s just doing what it’s suppose to then

I noticed yesterday that the DPF tool has vanished from Carista in the service tools. it usually shows you the soot level and ability to regen. I know you need to the paid subscription to be able to force a regen but it used to tell you the soot level for free?

Anyone else found this recently or maybe Im just being dumb and cant find it on the menu?

I noticed yesterday that the DPF tool has vanished from Carista in the service tools. it usually shows you the soot level and ability to regen. I know you need to the paid subscription to be able to force a regen but it used to tell you the soot level for free?

Anyone else found this recently or maybe Im just being dumb and cant find it on the menu?
Yup, same on mine this morning. App did an update and soot level has gone now :(

I don't have the automatic updates turned on, on my phone and the Carista is still showing soot levels. ( don't have subscription)
So this would be a heads up for any1 who wants to update Carista and doesn't have the paid subscription :p

I updated it and the dpf section has returned just need paid subscription to see the soot level now which is annoying. At £50 a year thats way to steep

I updated it and the dpf section has returned just need paid subscription to see the soot level now which is annoying. At £50 a year thats way to steep
Seriously??? £50 to monitor the health of your vehicle worth 10’s of thousands of pounds.
Also less cost than half a tank of fuel. Get a grip. Lol

Any updates on this? I'm in Ecuador at high altitude and poor diesel quality, Regen light came on and made the mistake of several more stop/starts at even higher altitudes (3600m/12,000') which caused complete loss of power.

Looking to get a Carista to monitor and do driving forced regens. I have a Ross-Tech VCDS but looking for something smaller to monitor and force the driving regen

Last edited:
Back