Caravelle Upper Front Grill

Get the trims, I'm sure you'll be happy with them and you won't have to strip the front off the van. However as they only cost a few quid they won't break the bank and if they weren't quite what you hoped then get the VW version

Get the trims, I'm sure you'll be happy with them and you won't have to strip the front off the van. However as they only cost a few quid they won't break the bank and if they weren't quite what you hoped then get the VW version
This makes great sense, thank you.

Well, i fitted a couple of the Vanstyle grille trims, and they look good. One edge was like a razor though, and if i was doing it again, i would spend a bit of time trying to remove it before fitting it.

Well, i fitted a couple of the Vanstyle grille trims, and they look good. One edge was like a razor though, and if i was doing it again, i would spend a bit of time trying to remove it before fitting it.
Useful info. Thank you.

RenderedContent-F07350F9-5246-4DE3-B2E8-35D0ABBBA929.JPG Here's my highline with additional SS trim strips from vanstyle.

I'm very happy and would recommend. I'd read elsewhere about some sharp edges so I simply wiped them with some emery cloth (any wet n dry paper will do) and hey presto, perfection.

Easy job, if you follow the intructions
Just make sure you trial fit the three piece bar as its a squeeze, but it does work out OK.

Last edited:
View attachment 11277 Here's my highline with additional SS trim strips from vanstyle.

I'm very happy and would recommend. I'd read elsewhere about some sharp edges so I simply wiped them with some emery cloth (any wet n dry paper will do) and hey presto, perfection.

Just make sure you trial fit the three piece bar as its a squeeze, but it does work out OK.
This looks very good, but I am also wondering if anyone has experience of the Veedub Transporters T6 Upper chrome grill kit that comes in four pieces, i.e. you end up with three rows of chrome strip on the upper grill, instead of two rows with the Vanstyle strips. VW T5.1 Facelift Chrome Upper Front Grill Kit

This looks very good, but I am also wondering if anyone has experience of the Veedub Transporters T6 Upper chrome grill kit that comes in four pieces, i.e. you end up with three rows of chrome strip on the upper grill, instead of two rows with the Vanstyle strips. VW T5.1 Facelift Chrome Upper Front Grill Kit
I think thats for a startline bumper, trendlines and highlines only have two plastic ridges by the badge

I think thats for a startline bumper, trendlines and highlines only have two plastic ridges by the badge
On the webpage they say they are suitable for all models of T6. Also, the Caravelle grill, which is just a posher version of the Highline, has the three rows of chrome on the upper grill, not two.

The third row on the Caravelle is a thin trim at the top of the grille, close to the bonnet edge. As far as i know, nobody supplies anything for that. Personally, i prefer just the two additional trims- a passing glace could mistake it for a caravelle item, whereas the four extra trims are a little brash- for me.

The third row on the Caravelle is a thin trim at the top of the grille, close to the bonnet edge. As far as i know, nobody supplies anything for that. Personally, i prefer just the two additional trims- a passing glace could mistake it for a caravelle item, whereas the four extra trims are a little brash- for me.
Thanks for this, I'm sure you're right. I wonder how much I would get for a brand new Highline grill if I bought the Caravelle grill from the shop. Now there's a thought.

IMGP2003.JPG Well, i've had a play with some cheap chrome trim to give the grille the top trim, bit more like the Caravelle grille, what do you think?

The trims for the middle strip on the grille came from Vanstyle, and the thin top one is some 8mm wide chrome trim, off amazon.

View attachment 11277 Here's my highline with additional SS trim strips from vanstyle.

When fitting the lower trim do you fit the middle section 1st then the two side pieces or do you start one side and work your way round?

When fitting the lower trim do you fit the middle section 1st then the two side pieces or do you start one side and work your way round?

When I did mine I offered it up dry first then when I'd seen how it would go I started from one side and worked my way through to the other :thumbsup:

Hope it helps

Don’t do the middle first, start from one side as has been said.

I seem to recall that the outside pieces really have to tuck into to outer edges of the plastic grill moulding to give enough space. You’ll see what I mean when you offer the items up in place dry first. They all fit nice n snug, just don’t waste space on the outer edges.

Back