Caravelle Table Drink Holder Broken

Andyman

Photographer
T6 Guru
Has anyone any idea on this? Please

One of the drink holder arms was missing from the centre table and I thought nothing of it until I found it in the glove box inside the Manual pack

I tried to fix it and whilst it clips into place it is not springy and so holds nothing secure

Looking at other side I see what appears to be a white string/elastic?

Now I know it’s broken I want to fix it, wish I’d not found it to be fair

Anyone know how to remove it and repair or replace it please?

I did that so you could identify the broken part and see whats available, if you give the number in the picture will get you a price

Hi Andyman

Had a similar problem. I tried to fit a bodum travel mug in one of the front springy drinks holders on the table. The arm came off and also a small spring pinged out which fortunately i found. On the diagram above it's part of number 8, but the arm and spring don't seem to be listed separately. The arm should just snap back onto a plastic peg but the spring needs to go on before the arm. There's a slot in the arm for one of the ends of the spring and the longer end is a real fiddle to get behind a sort of catch on the body of the holder. 4 very small hands to use at once would help. You may be able to make something with wire or a paper clip.
Have you got the spring as well?

Jimb, sadly no spring and he’s right Pauly, it’s part 8, maybe I could locate a whole slide out unit and replace it, but it looks so worryingly difficult lol

Andyman...
Did you ever manage to fix, repair this issue?
I've just discovered one of the arms on my table cup holder is loose, no tension?
I also agree,the diagram does look quite daunting.
Thank you.
Regards.

Andyman...
Did you ever manage to fix, repair this issue?
I've just discovered one of the arms on my table cup holder is loose, no tension?
I also agree,the diagram does look quite daunting.
Thank you.
Regards.

sadly not! Vw wanted a ridiculous amount and I ended up buying a whole table on eBay cheaper!

Hi...
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Disappointing, since we bought the vehicle, we obviously found a few issues, as you would expect? but, have been able to source replacement parts and upgrades.
This part of the Table appears to be quite vulnerable, with quite a lot of failures!
Therefore, I would have expected, more reports, advice on repairs and where to source the spare parts.
Looks like, I'll be looking on eBay?
Thanks again for your help, stay healthy.
Regards.

Hamish you’re welcome

I’ll be honest Marshall were and are very good, I deal with a fella at Bridgewater called ash foster he’s really good

Hamish you’re welcome

I’ll be honest Marshall were and are very good, I deal with a fella at Bridgewater called ash foster he’s really good
Morning Andyman ...
Good news wrt my Multifuction Table, took it out of the 'Van', this morning, turned it upside down, to have a better look and for easier access.
Removed the arm with long nose pliers and found the Torsion Spring which, luckily for me, was still there, but had come out of its housing, under the arm?
It's quite difficult to replace, but after numerous attempts and a bit of swearing, managed to replace the Spring and Arm, which now works as it should.
Regards.

Sorry...
Don't know where you could buy these replacement parts, you might be lucky on eBay?
Best of luck.
Regards.

Does anyone know what price the replacement part number 7 (or 8?) is please?
Part number appears to be 1J0 862 533 D, hope this helps someone. Trying to source some at a reasonable price seems to be challenging!

What type of glasses/cups etc does anyone use on their table? None of ours seem to fit in very well

Back