Caravelle thresholds for side step/tailgate

Coradia63

T6 Pro
Does anyone know if the T5 caravelle side steps and tailgate threshold is compatible with the T6? Im going to be fitting the caravelle rails and need the deeper steps but can only find ones advertised for T5's also anyone know the best place to buy new ones other than a VW dealership?

Thanks

We can supply any VW parts you need through the forum shop, this should give you a bit of discount over main dealer prices
All the steps are available but be advised you will have to replace your step light as the caravelle ones use a larger oval fitting

Does anyone know if the T5 caravelle side steps and tailgate threshold is compatible with the T6? Im going to be fitting the caravelle rails and need the deeper steps but can only find ones advertised for T5's also anyone know the best place to buy new ones other than a VW dealership?

Thanks

Hi Coradia63 - I believe the T5 caravelle side steps do fit the T6 but if you're buying new then you may as well order T6 as per Pauly's post. I've had a caravelle rail system installed but actually opted for the kombi side step with a filler beneath instead of the caravelle step. The caravelle steps are curved at the edge to follow the line of the plastic trim in the caravelle whereas the kombi ones have a straight edge. This is the same for the rear step which will have a gap either side, unless you have the trim to fill it. Just a heads up!

Thanks both I see what you mean about gaps a bit more to think about! will wait until I get the rails and floor in and decide what to do with the steps and tailgate strip.

The caravelle steps from the T5 are 100% compatible with the T6. There are a few things worth noting though....
The caravelle steps are designed to work with caravelle trim panels and therefore finish a bit before the pillars unlike the Kombi steps that run right up to the pillars this means that to achive the best finish your floor has to be cut absolutely perfectly.
To achieve the best finish I would suggest observing the following....
replace the male kombi step light loom plug with the appropriate one for the caravelle light
replace both front steps with caravelle ones and wire the lights to work
pick one of the lesser seen light designs like UNITED, LIFE, GENERATION, EDITION etc
hope this helps :thumbsup:

Back