Caravelle seat storage boxes

Martin Gibson

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello,i know this has been done before but i wondeted if anyone has any updated ideas on this. We recently fitted a Caravelle rear seat/bed and need some storage boxes to fit in the three underneath compartments. Vw ones are ridiculously priced and never seen second hand and also will never seen anyhow so looking for others that anyone has used,thanks

We can design and make boxes to suit any space, all CNC manufactured. Depends on your budget though as they won’t be as cheap as a plastic box, but will look nice and many colours available. A few examples below or you can have trays as per image 6 and 7 perhaps without a lid

Buddy Box 1.jpg

Buddy Box 2.jpg

Buddy Box 3.jpg

Furniture 6.jpg

Furniture 7.jpg

Hello,i know this has been done before but i wondeted if anyone has any updated ideas on this. We recently fitted a Caravelle rear seat/bed and need some storage boxes to fit in the three underneath compartments. Vw ones are ridiculously priced and never seen second hand and also will never seen anyhow so looking for others that anyone has used,thanks

Also you have to think about which Caravelle triple seats you have. I think its the T5 that have rails in to take the OEM boxes. The Caravelle seats I fitted are from a T6 and missing the box rails.

Hello @Skyliner33 , the seat was brand new out of a t6 so don't think it has the rails although to be honest with you,i have never looked. I think am just going to order some of the ikea ones as they seem to fit pretty well. The wooden trays above from eclipse look really nice so i will keep those in mind if i decide to upgrade

My 2019 caravelle doesn't have the box rails. Guess another piece of penny pinching from VW. Guess I need to order the IKEA boxes as well at some point

Got some of the ikea boxes today and they fit really well. The centre one will only go in from the back of the seat because of the mechanism for sliding the seat but that doesnt really matter. Just the job for some storage and really cheap

Got some of the ikea boxes today and they fit really well. The centre one will only go in from the back of the seat because of the mechanism for sliding the seat but that doesnt really matter. Just the job for some storage and really cheap

Agreed, but they are a pain when you want to slide the seat.

The real McCoy. Slides with the seat, fits into runners either side.
C986E3A8-76D4-4050-BB50-637C7D1732A3.jpeg
63C9773F-C65B-4D1A-B47A-EBA05D00B2F9.jpeg
420A7E11-52AA-4664-9990-8E64C5DCEB08.jpeg

A Friday night purchase after several Belgian beers had been consumed o_O:rofl::whistle:

Ha i am thinking that those might have been pretty expensive Belgian beers @Deaky ! I don't have any runners on my seat but i do have an Altro floor so the Ikea ones just slide nicely back and forwards with the seat

Ok so I have the usual tray under the middle of the rear bench (caravelle) with the pump, tyre fluid and first aid.
what do others use for storage under the left/ right sides please?
There are no runners to support another tray each side but it seems like a lot of wasted storage under the bench seat.
thx

My Executive had few things missing, such as tool and it only had one of the 3 under seat boxes provided. I was viewed with suspicion when I phoned and complain about the missing items.. The sales guy only mentioned them on hand over and did not demonstrate. After they examined and close questioned me they reluctantly ordered and supplied the tools. However I was told that I could not have the boxes because they were no longer available. The original tools and jack are not especialy good anyway, I should not have bothered.

I just bought some suitable clear plastic lidded boxes from a supermarket. The type that has plastic side handles that clip over the lid. I chose them because they had slippery bottoms. I fill them with some of the tools and towing strops and shackles and such. Not quite as good a system as slotting into the underslug braket but it works very well and they hold far more than the original boxes do. Some one could probably make something or adapt boxes like these to slide in the under slung bracket. Any way what I have, sill allows the seat to slide back and forth easily.

We can design and make boxes to suit any space, all CNC manufactured. Depends on your budget though as they won’t be as cheap as a plastic box, but will look nice and many colours available. A few examples below or you can have trays as per image 6 and 7 perhaps without a lid

View attachment 66076

View attachment 66079

The top appear quite useful. . The bottom ones may be OK as a simple type. If they ran in the tracks that would be very good.

Back