Caravelle Oil use

peterposh

HI

I've just reached 13800 miles in my 2017 Caravelle, so far I've put 1 litre in at 7500 and another just now , is that normal ? I thought that was a lot

When it's said that, "the new engines use a lot of oil in their early life" ..... is there anyway of quantifying that roughly ??

I've done 2,500 miles and it doesn't look like any has gone, as have been checking it from day one due to hearing the above warning. I'm about to do another 2000 miles or so in one trip.

Do I need to be concerned that mine isn't doing this oil consuming thing so far ??

Can I go on my 2,000 mile trip now and not have to worry about it ??

TIA

I tend to always carry a 1L top up bottle just in case but you should be fine

I've just turned 32,000 miles, oil changed at 10k and 20k so due now. I've never put a drop of oil in but I've never checked the dipstick.I assume the light comes on if its low, I'm a little worried now so will rush out and check it.

Ok, Well thats the first time I've lifted the bonnet and I'm pleased to report 'I do have an engine'.
I spent a long time looking for the bonnet holdy uppy rod only to find, the bonnet stays up on its own (how cool is that!!!). Anyway, after struggling to locate the dipstick (its at the front for others like me) I checked my oil and after 12,000 miles its showing between the 2 marks so I assume thats ok?
I'm back in a hire van next week so will get the local garage to do an oil change for me.
PS. Its pouring down in Devon so that wasn't fun.

Thanks Guys....

Off to buy a 1 ltr bottle of Castrol Edge Titanium FST 5W-30LL to keep in the van :D

Ok, Well thats the first time I've lifted the bonnet and I'm pleased to report 'I do have an engine'.
I spent a long time looking for the bonnet holdy uppy rod only to find, the bonnet stays up on its own (how cool is that!!!). Anyway, after struggling to locate the dipstick (its at the front for others like me) I checked my oil and after 12,000 miles its showing between the 2 marks so I assume thats ok?
I'm back in a hire van next week so will get the local garage to do an oil change for me.

Bonnet holdy uppy rod.
Brilliant :rofl:

How many dip sticks were there:whistle:

Back