caravelle mattress topper

We use a Zonesleep in our Cali - we also had one (but sold it) for our last one. Superb thing that makes a torture device into a comfy bed.

We use a standard medium density 50mm memory topper cut to size. Used a tin quilt cover altered to fit as a cover and that acts as a bottom sheet, in the morning just fold the lot (quilt, topper and pillows) up as a unit and stash in the back; at night undo the lot and the bed's already made, easy

We took our new Caravelle out last weekend for it's maiden voyage and I used a normal cheapy mattress topper on top of the 'good night pack' cover. Not good. I read somewhere about the Exped Megamat 10 being pretty amazing as a self-inflating mattress and wanted to change our camping air beds anyway, so I looked into the dimensions of them. They do a single or a double. The singles are 77cm width, so two side by side are slightly too wide for the back of the Caravelle by 4cm. The double is 20cm too narrow. I opted for two singles and tested them out yesterday. Awesome. Perfect fit, as you can squeeze them together slightly so they locate perfectly and the length is just right too. The firmness of the mattress can also be adjusted to suit. Not cheap at £160 each, but we will use them for camping in our Khyam sleeper anyway, so it makes sense not to double up on job specific mattresses. Just a thought.

Just bought a 4 in thick one from Tesco to use on a couple of put you up beds for the Inlaws found it quite comfy so will be using that in our Cali

Ikea have a queen size foam mattress which is very comfortable. We had it cut into three and a
and a new cover made.

I've just ordered an outwell dream catcher 5cm thick, so il let you know also available in various different thickness.

Duvalays for us as well,

My wife likes it, so that makes it worthwhile for me.

Or one of us would be left on the side of the road:rolleyes:, yeah it would be me.

Ok...looking for a topper for the camper bed, but it's 1100mm wide...singles are way too small and doubles way too big, really like the vango comfort 7.5 but nothing the right size. I want something that folds up pretty small and I'm a proper princess and the pea type, so need something that I won't feel the lumps and bumps through. I've looked at all the above options, but nothing the right size.

Surely someone else has this sort of size bed?

1100mm is pretty close to the 1120mm of our RIB. The comfortzleisure ones for the 3/4 rnr bed should be very close in size.
Maybe give them a call and ask?

What thickness of toppers are you guys using? I bought a 1 inch for the rib bed (uk small double size fits great) and a 2 inch thick for the sca as the mattress is thin up there. Just this evening I cut the 2 inch one down as it was a bit too wide only to realise the roof won't close properly (was wanting to leave it up there permanently). I could swap them round and try but was trying to avoid faffing about trying to fold away a 2inch thick topper every time I put the rib back to a seat

1100mm is pretty close to the 1120mm of our RIB. The comfortzleisure ones for the 3/4 rnr bed should be very close in size.
Maybe give them a call and ask?

Yeh...I've looked at those, but they don't fold up very compact...that would be a good size though. I'd decided on a SIM as they are compact and look easy to manage...folding or rolling memory foam is a pain, looked at duvalay and they are quite narrow too.

Definitely worth consideration though...thanks.

Duvalay is just memory foam too. I had one but it was too much of a faff so I pulled the foam out and cut it to fit the bed a bit better, then binned the wrap around duvet cover. Rolls up smaller now too, and the bed is more comfortable with a proper duvet

Back