Caravelle Grilles - interchange between T5.1 and T6?

Macmain12

VCDS User | 2016 Caravelle Executive
VIP Member
Hi All,

Hope someone can clear up a question i have , we now have our heart set on a Caravelle and are searching and waiting for the right one to turn up, in the mean time I'm doing a little research,
can someone tell me if the lower long grill is able to be fitted into the lower short grill, as in the images. maybe to sound a little clearer, can the image below be modified for a long lower grill. same as the bottom image.
short grill.PNG

long grill.PNG

Go easy its my first VW..

thanks in advance

Top pic is a T5. Bottom pic is a T6. You could carry out what’s called a face lift to the T5 to make it look like a T6 but this would involve a whole new front end. Bonnet, wings, bumper, grille and headlights. Plus other unseen stuff. There are some companies who sell kits.

Sorry.
Been looking at 2016 plate executive. And I'm seeing some have the long grill and some have the short grill. If they are both 2016 are they both t6?

So much to learn

if it has a short grille it’s not a T6. Must be a T5 that was registered late. 2015 was when T6 was first produced

Sorry.
Been looking at 2016 plate executive. And I'm seeing some have the long grill and some have the short grill. If they are both 2016 are they both t6?

So much to learn
What is it you’re trying to achieve - the shortness of the grille or the chrome trim that the Caravelle comes with? I ask as the chrome trim can be added afterwards..

This might help you to identify the models

T5… has the indicator in the middle of the wing

D83DEACA-074E-4462-9263-74B44E10DAED.jpeg

T6… has the indicator at the side of the wing

971641C3-AF81-46D2-BFE7-124B5AA5351D.jpeg

You may get different variations on front ends…but the side indicator will remain the same for each model …if that helps :)

cheers for your replys,
What is it you’re trying to achieve
The look im looking for from what i gather. has the lower sportline bumper, and because these seem quite rare i was looking at getting this done myself. like this.
t6bumper.PNG

You may get different variations on front ends…but the side indicator will remain the same for each model …if that helps
Thank you for that.. everydays a schoolday

Back