Caravelle - Curtains or Blackouts?

nikster

T6 Pro
Does anyone have reccomendations for blinds or curtains to fit a caravelle? Need to keep the kids in bed longer than first light!

Ended up draping micro towels over the pull up blinds which was ok but became a bit of a hassle after a few days and didn’t have anything for the back window.

Had a search but nothing’s jumping out at me

Cheers

Yeah I’ve been searching for the vw ones might give the stealers a shout and see if they can get them.

Would like a nice fitted set but if not I’ll go for the thermal ones Roca suggested.

Does seem mad there’s not a solution readily available -half the fixings are there with the blind top hooks! Couple of suction cups at the bottom to keep the tension and job done.

Quite sure the VW ones are about £400 but that’s because you have to buy the goodnight package, which includes a mattress as well I think.

I have ask my local dealer about the goodnight/sleep pack and they don't know anything about it. does any have any parts numbers, ideally looking for the blackout screens

Old thread.. anyone able to track down 'bed blinds' for velle's?.
I have the sun screens but at night with inside lights on they become see through, not Ideal when me arse is on show.. lol.

I use a heavy red gel filter if I overnight somewhere I shouldn’t be, not that I GAF who see’s my arse.
Having made a 100% effective matt black black out curtain between the cab and rear I know it takes alot of effort and care to completely obscure the windows.

I have ask my local dealer about the goodnight/sleep pack and they don't know anything about it. does any have any parts numbers, ideally looking for the blackout screens
Not many dealers do know about it as it is only available with certain specs, therefore they have never heard nor seen it. But does exist maybe more european?.

It is part of the hook system that @StudleyGlass was looking for.. he may have a pic of the part in speak of.

Reactions: Eli
@Fish I’ve been working on my ‘velle for the last few months and got it in the road this week. We’re off camping this weekend, it’s maiden voyage and we’re planning to sleep in van all being well.
Mine has black limo tint and factory blinds. Bought the front cover from Minster this week so am keep to see how much light gets through then play it by ear :thumbsup:

• Hi @Fish, part number for the VW OEM blinds is 7E5862751F but I think it’s for a SWB

Brandrup have blinds to fit Caravelle trim. We have them in our Caravelle. However no LWB option so we had to make our own for the rear-most windows.

BRANDRUP - ISOLITE® Inside VW T6/T5
Brandrup have blinds to fit Caravelle trim. We have them in our Caravelle. However no LWB option so we had to make our own for the rear-most windows.

Really like the look of these for my Caravelle but can't find anywhere to buy them from. Any ideas please?

Well after the first outing in the Caravelle, camping near Scarborough I’ve been quite pleased with the outcome. I bought a front screen blind from Minster products after recommendations on the forum, the side doors, rear quarters and tailgate all have limo black tint and roller blinds fitted. To be far, there wasn’t too much light in the van in the morning but feel it could be bettered.
I’m considering getting more custom covers made for the other windows like the front screen cover but my only concern is that they’d be held on with magnets and could easily be removed by someone light fingered. That being said I could get a custom print on the covers to make them more distinguishable. Will keep you updated.

Really like the look of these for my Caravelle but can't find anywhere to buy them from. Any ideas please?

I contacted Brandrup and just had this response - that’s my Easter present then:)

Thank you you for your interest in our products.

Since we don’t sell our products directly, please turn to following dealers in the UK:

Campervantastic

118 Stanstead Road, Forest Hill, SE23 1BX London

www.campervantastic.com

Campervan Accessories Limited

Unit P1, Bolsover Business Park, Woodhouse Lane, S44 6BB Bolsover

www.vwcaliforniaclub.com

Hi all, can anybody recommend a supplier of T6 caravelle internal blinds? I’m thinking the fitted type that stick to the windows with suckers unless anybody can recommend a different type.

Also, for those who have these, do they help reduce the amount of condensation on the inside of the glass. When waking up at the campsite this morning, we practically needed a towel to get the windscreen dry

Back