Caravelle bed comfort?

I've just thought... the only reason I need an extra layer was because my hip was on a solid wooden board. My head was at the tailgate end. You probably wouldn't need it if you slept the other way
Cheers @GordonHR I ordered the SteeFree complete setup in the end anyway. Having spoke to the boss, we decided that was our best option. It's our first time of trying to use a dayvan so we thought we'll see how much we use it before splashing out on something like a slidepod.

You still need a mattress and an extension board, its not meant to be used "as is" unless you are a midget then you can do away with the extension board.
I don't know, my 4 and 6 year old kids found it just fine sleeping sideways across the van! lol

Hello @KevinKRI ,if you have swivels on your front seats,you can swivel them round,slide the back seat forward to meet them and sleep on the bed with your feet on the front seat. Not the most comfortable way to sleep but do-able. We do this as we have a big dog cage at the rear of the van which sits where the multiflex would go
Shame you didnt get (can't modify) a dog cage the same height as the seats when they are in folded flat. Then your legs could go over the dogs.

I bought an adjustable height camping table (Outwell Canmore L Table) which at 120cm wide is the width of the rear opening and adjustable height to suit. Now just looking for a self inflating mattress to go over the table and seat to provide a full width and length bed.

California bed is flat, Caravelle isn’t, both need a foam mattress topper to be comfortable. I have a Cali’ double seat, very practical and comfortable.
Ahhhhh, i didn't know that. Makes sense now why the Cali looks so much more comfortable. VW the prix!!

Back