Caravelle Accelerator Pedal Sticking (underneath carpet mat)

Boric99

VIP Member
Hi all

Bought my first VW Caravelle yesterday a 2017 Plate and on driving it home the accelerator pedal felt quick sticky / hard to press. Due to the rubbish weather yesterday and needing to get back to work I did not get a change to look at it. But the issue seems to be that the pedal is pushing against the carpet , dashboard trim. To better show what i mean i have recorded a video and the last few seconds show the issue the best. Is this expected? i assume not but wanted to get the view of the experts. I will try and call the VW garage later today but was after some guidance before I call incase they try to push it off as expected. any guidance much appreciated.

Thats not right . . . .

Well done for posting a Vid BTW . . . .

you need to get under there and remove the lower trim panel (the one just above your feet)

and get that carpet back into position . . . .

Pull down the trim panel at the front edge to release the clips . . . . . its tight at first . . .

20190313_100345.jpg

Inked20190313_100345_LI.jpg

heres my carpet, its close to the peddle . . . but has 5mm or so clearance, but not binding.

20190313_100239.jpg

once its out, adjust the carpet, pull it about to see where its not sitting right . . . .

you might need to pull up the door seal by the door opening too, too make sure the carpet is laying right.

20190313_100420.jpg

come join the VIP club - VIP Membership | VW T6 Forum - The Dedicated VW Transporter T6 Forum

Last edited:
Thanks for the guidance Dellmassive, finally got time to look today and the issue was actually that the carpet had some how got in front of the Knuckle of the accelerator pedal. to try and show this i have take you last picture and adde an arrow to the bit of carpet that was forward and the Knuckle is was covering to the left of the arrow. Carpet almost seems like it should be stuck to the bulk head of slightly longer to stop it from getting in front of the knuckle.

Back