Caravelle A-Pillar Trims

Shredder

It's a Beast
T6 Guru
This :

VW T6 Caravelle One pair A Pillar Trim + Dynaudio Tweeters Front L+R Set #733 | eBay

.... seems an insane price and for Used as well (which I don't want). Can the trim panels or even better the speaker grills on these panels be bought from VW without the speakers?? I actually just want the grills but suspect I may need the full A-Pillar panels as the grills are not separate ?? I definitely don't want or need the speakers which is what must be underpinning the big asking price here.

Tagging as @Pauly and @Loz directly as I have a suspicion one of you guys will know, or know how to find out :)

Cheers & thanks

Cant find anything about them, have looked through listings on A pillar and searched the part numbers given in that thread and nothing shows ref speakers or grilles

For that price, I suspect you could buy the California ones and get the blinds as well.

CotswoldT5 have just the a pillars with grilles for £65 each, no grab handle holes though. I suspect the price on the ones you’ve linked to is expensive because they are Dynaudio

Cant find anything about them, have looked through listings on A pillar and searched the part numbers given in that thread and nothing shows ref speakers or grilles

Many thanks for looking @Pauly and thanks also @Deaky @Loz ...... that's a really disappointing result though. I hadn't anticipated that result at all. Odd, how would those trims / grills be replaced if necessary for some reason !?!

I am trying to get this higher-end OEM look instead of just the standard Highline :

20200506_173252.jpg

So you just want the grills?

I'd just remove your existing ones, paint them and lob them back in.

That's interesting thanks. I wasn't sure if the grills even popped out. They didn't look like they do when I had a close look but it seems you have popped them out, not cut them??.

So they are a separate part that actually does just pop out ?? If so, I must be able to get replacements somehow. I'm specifically after that brushed aluminium grill type that matches the dash. Hence using the Caravelle standard Dynaudio fitment as an example of the grill I'd like.

Cheers

That's interesting thanks. I wasn't sure if the grills even popped out. They didn't look like they do when I had a close look but it seems you have popped them out, not cut them??.

So they are a separate part that actually does just pop out ?? If so, I must be able to get replacements somehow. I'm specifically after that brushed aluminium grill type that matches the dash. Hence using the Caravelle standard Dynaudio fitment as an example of the grill I'd like.

Cheers

I can't help with the specific Dynaudio fitment but the standard grills can be removed.

Once the A pillar is removed from the van you can separate the black tweeter holder and the grill by cutting off the plastic weld.

I can't help with the specific Dynaudio fitment but the standard grills can be removed.

Once the A pillar is removed from the van you can separate the black tweeter holder and the grill by cutting off the plastic weld.

Great bit of extra knowledge thanks :thumbsup: ( @Absolut5 )

Back