Car Wash?

Jono

T6 Pro
Straight question requiring a straight answer please (don’t want comments about swirls please!) Can I put my T6 Kombi van short wheelbase through a standard forecourt garage car wash please ?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, go for it.

You wouldn't be the first.

053.jpg

Dude, asking this place for a straight answer with no 'extra' comments is the proverbial 'red rag'
This ones going to go on and on.

(seriously though, it's safer to just do it yourself)

(or is it :eek:)

Straight question requiring a straight answer please (don’t want comments about swirls please!) Can I put my T6 Kombi van short wheelbase through a standard forecourt garage car wash please ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi
I put mine through local car wash no probs
Just make sure you are spot on centre going in as will be close to wing mirrors
Also check height, shouldn’t be a problem, standard van 2m high

Well, i'm back, and I wasn't trolling! I appreciate my question was a red rag to most of the members on the forum but I hope it won't get me struck off. My T6 is a work tool, for three years, it will see some action and I simply cannot devote as much care and attention to it as some others. What that doesn't mean though is that I won't love it, enjoy it, look after it (in other ways) and want to mod it etc. I have been reading many many pages on this most excellent forum from about 6 months prior to getting my van and i have learnt a lot, so thanks. Thanks to @Jason Stancliffe for his answer to my question too. I had a tight schedule today and didn't get it washed in any capacity but i am genuinely hoping i can use the 'pull through' type of car wash, like the ARC one. This is for cost, convenience and a reasonable job (when compared to other mechanical car washes and obviously not a 1 hour manual hand wash!). In terms of shape i think the van is pretty straightforward for a car wash, obviously the overall size, mirrors and rear wiper are my main concern. I'm hoping the alternative comments above were banter and not genuine hatred for someone who wants to use a car wash, if so, long may it continue.

Thanks again for such a great forum.

My LWB Transit Custom that I have for work regularly goes through the automatic carwash. To be honest the finish is actually pretty good (acceptable for a work van).

Obviously the T6 would never go near it but not for size/shape reasons.

I'm hoping the alternative comments above were banter and not genuine hatred for someone who wants to use a car wash

If you've been in here 6 months prior to buying your T6, and the time after the purchase, you quite possibly wouldn't of found a single post that was 'hatred' inside the T6Forum, or if any went a little sideways, they were quickly wound back in, because that's a zero tolerance policy as far as i've seen over my years on this forum, which is exactly why I stay, and participate pretty much every day.

Anyone that's a new member that reads this, and thinks that's how we roll in here will be mistaken.
I watch other 'Volkswagen' groups snipe and slate each other's rides and choices on social media, and find it pathetic and embarrassing to the rest of us true VW fans. I'm from back in the air-cooled VW days, where that round badge with 2 letters meant just that. All inclusive, no matter what the taste, choice or budget.

The above is all banter, as is almost every thread that's started. It's just how things are in here, where choices are respected, advice is subjective, and we all get along. Long may that continue.

Should you ever pass Leicestershire on your travels, drop me a PM and I will happily take great satisfaction in giving your T6 a once over FOC :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Welcome @Jono I see your not far from me.

It's all down to functionality,I like a few on here, have a works Transit custom, it was brand new and in silver.
It's in silver primarily because I dont have the time to wash and keep it as clean as I do the VW, but my customers expect me to drive a reasonably clean van to go with the image of the business i portray. So it very often gets done on the side of the road or with a bucket and brush at home.

When I clean my VW it's my down time and time to relax (plus I have to treat it better because it's in the garage more).

It's all about what works for you. On another note have we got an automatic carwash by us ?

Take it all as banter because it definitely is and if you want a laugh take a picture of your van with a bucket and brush by the side of it in a tight carpark space and this lot will go into melt down with stress :);)

Should you ever pass Leicestershire on your travels, drop me a PM and I will happily take great satisfaction in giving your T6 a once over FOC :thumbsup:

So with @DaveyB offering to wash my roof at C&M and now @Tourershine offering free detailing at T6f summer meet, my van will get the full pampering it desperately needs after this Europe trip. :thumbsup:

Also, my post on here and pretty much throughout this forum are always meant as banter and if anyone is ever offended then I sincerely apologise.

I do appreciate that for some, their T6 is a works vehicle which will be handed back after 3 years so taking such time and devotion to clean would seem a bit of a waste of time. To others, me included, it is our pride and joy and I plan on keeping mine for many years. I only wish I could clean it in an hour. It takes me all afternoon to clean and an entire day if I’m giving it the full treatment.

Happy car washing. :)

So with @DaveyB offering to wash my roof at C&M and now @Tourershine offering free detailing at T6f summer meet, my van will get the full pampering it desperately needs after this Europe trip. :thumbsup:

Also, my post on here and pretty much throughout this forum are always meant as banter and if anyone is ever offended then I sincerely apologise.

I do appreciate that for some, their T6 is a works vehicle which will be handed back after 3 years so taking such time and devotion to clean would seem a bit of a waste of time. To others, me included, it is our pride and joy and I plan on keeping mine for many years. I only wish I could clean it in an hour. It takes me all afternoon to clean and an entire day if I’m giving it the full treatment.

Happy car washing. :)

You shunned my steering wheel swap offer for a better looking member, so although my nose isn't too out of joint, I'm down to my last bottle of Cif and I will pop it to one side just for the Batvan.

You'll be fine. Get dead centre, fold mirrors in. I've never had a problem with the rear wiper. Treat it to a full hand wax and valet once a year.

Back