Captains seat options. Van X any good?

Interesting, that's the first alternative seats I've seen, even if they have no stock. The squabs look a bit flat but they can't be any worse than the VW ones, but I'd want to go and sit in them first for that price! Would anyone really order them online without doing? And why have they made them in plastic, I'd rather have cloth if they're not going to do leather

well not too bad , i designed some brackets and add them welded and painted them and that was that !

Thanks Daveevo. Think I may have sourced some from a Ford Galaxy. When you changed the seats what happens when you disconnect the airbag plug underneath? Does it leave you with a fault light in the dash?

Im sure VW did the productuon engineering side of the Sharan/Galaxy/Alhambra partnership so hoping there maybe cross comparability with the new seats.

If you are removing seat airbags you can plug a resistor across the wires to stop the fault, no details though never done it but others may be able to give details or find it on google

Thanks Pauly. I'll do some research. Hoping the Galaxy airbags already in the seats may be compatable. Could go horribly wrong though. :eek: There may or may not be photos of the completed project.

Sourced Galaxy/Sharan seats in cracking condition but with the older VW connector fitted to airbags. So a new connector housing from VW to make them compatible with that fitted to a T6 is about 4 quid. However if you want the crimp contact pins that go inside it, (3 required per housing) that'll be 14 quid plus vat, each pin! Are they having a canary? If anyone else has the same issue, here's a pack of 10 on ebay for less than a tenner with postage from Poland.

Screenshot_20170906-141438.png

Can a factory drivers seat be re-jigged to become a passenger seat? With the lack of simora passenger single seat and the odd drivers seat appearing on eBay can the drivers seat be used as a passenger?

the controls would be on the wrong side but as long as the fixings line up what else would stop you using it ?

Back