Sold Cantera wheels on Facebook £750

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good to me I’m looking for a decent tyre but I’m not willing to spend a fortune on tyres I’ll take a look at them . Thanks again your help and advice has been brilliant
I've just fitted Uniroyal rainsport 5 in 255/45/19 104 rated for the t32. £520 from national tyres with 10% discount then £20 worth of top cashback so £500 all in fitted.

So far very happy with them as recommended by others on the forum.

Silver for me. I also like the OEM look/fitment but will get a 15mm spacer for the rear this time.

Just taken delivery of a set for my van.

The 255/55 tyres are huge and won’t fit even temporarily. The ones on my set of wheels are new - well they still have the lines on the tread so should be able to sell them on to recoup some money.

I had a set of these wheels last year (yes I am an idiot for selling them) and tried Blacklion BU66 102 tyres in the 245/45 size.

They‘re a dearer budget tyre and I was really happy with them in the wet/dry and they wore well - so I’m getting them fitted again today to this latest set :thumbsup: Next choice would be Avon ZX7s

i will have a look at all the above and see what works best.
So are your wheels new as well ? If do do you Mind me asking how much you got them for
I keep thinking maybe I should hold out for a newer set in silver as after I get these sprayed they wold stand me £900 so would be good to see how much a used but new set costs. Cheers

So are your wheels new as well ? If do do you Mind me asking how much you got them for
I keep thinking maybe I should hold out for a newer set in silver as after I get these sprayed they wold stand me £900 so would be good to see how much a used but new set costs. Cheers

hi @Dave F, let me know if you decide to hold out for a silver set, i'll gladly give you your £660 back for these if you you do...

As a reference @Dave F these are on ebay for £1150 or best offer. They need a lot of refurb work aswell as a respray or powdercoat. Seller states the tyres are free and this price is for wheels only, I read that as "these tyres are no good and I don't want to deal with them"
£900 + tyres for a freshly painted set of canteras is not a bad deal at all in my book.

They are new take offs but have been in someones garage for just over a year.

These wheels are like 16” Claytons are to us - they come with the truck on a Highline and many Amarok owners like to upgrade to 20 or 22” wheels just like we like to fit bigger wheels.

Anywhere between £600-800 for a new/mint set seems about right. There are some on fleabay for over a grand and that’s just ridiculous IMHO.

By the time I have sold the 4x 255/55 new tyres and bought centre caps the wheels will have cost me £700 - you could say I got impatient rather than got an outright bargain. They were listed on eBay but were misspelt ‘amorok‘ rather than ‘Amarok‘ and the description/pics were rubbish.

The previous set I got for £550 (also on eBay but about 18months ago) and they were also new wheels but had no tyres or centre caps.

Just got back from having my 245/45 tyres fitted. Lowering next :cool:

9248018E-97DC-44EB-92E1-9593BCC4D6C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Spot on thank you all.
These are also local to me so I can pick them up so no delivery or collection cost. The question had just been sitting in the back of my mind and holding me back from pushing the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back