Can't Access

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Took the van to the trimmers I was hoping to repair my roof today to speak to them face to face as they're impossible to reach by phone (no nearer) and on the way noticed the airbag light was on. No problem I thought, I'd had various fuses out to check placement the other day and must have turned the ignition on while the airbag fuse was out.

Sure enough, when I plugged VCDS in when I got back, the airbag light needed clearing and it was fine afterwards. Just as I was coming out of the garage I remembered that I'd been meaning to set auto unlock for a while and went back out and plugged back in. But this time it wouldn't let me in. Tried everythingI could think of, reset pc, reset van power, checked the fuse supplying the obd port but nothing. These are the error messages I'm getting, anyone any ideas?
5EDE7026-FDB0-48D9-A1F6-52360DD7105F.jpeg
45DAD661-9B2C-4BF0-A630-ABE69D591EC3.jpeg 91B955E2-4221-434F-918C-38DFC9A58B8D.jpeg C088FE09-813A-48FC-B43D-DA3797E2FE0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Far-fetched but there is a newer firmware for the HEX-V2 cable - anyway shouldn't hurt to update. Except that the update is a good test that HEX-V2 cable is alive.
upload_2019-4-2_20-55-1.png

Have you tried if it is any different when ignition OFF? Then alive and responding are only CAN Gateway (19), BCM (09) and Battery Regulator (61).
Do you get green LEDs flashing on the cable?
All pins in place in the HEX-V2?

Your port test screenshot above shows no ignition volts?

VIGN. 0.1V?

As @mmi above.... also.

You can reset and reload the v2 firmware.

Last edited:
It's just so strange, I had used it plugged into the van literally 2 minutes earlier without any problem. I've also nipped out in it since and everything in the van is working normally with no warning lights. I've got the laptop out now to see if any upgrades are waiting, but why would it work one minute and then not the next? The Hex2 is flashing green as it should and I have checked the pins.

I'm at work, I'll try again when I get back tonight. I ended up deleting and reinstalling the software and forcing a firmware update on the lead. Strangely, it updated it to 4437.4 which is a later one than I had, but still not as high a version as @mmi has :confused:

I'm at work, I'll try again when I get back tonight. I ended up deleting and reinstalling the software and forcing a firmware update on the lead. Strangely, it updated it to 4437.4 which is a later one than I had, but still not as high a version as @mmi has :confused:
Either the updates are cumulative - did you click on "recheck" after update?
or more probable that I'm :oops: on a beta version
upload_2019-4-3_19-33-10.png
I have had once a kind of similar "lock out" but it was only module 01-engine, the other modules were communicating just fine. Nothing helped, not PC-reboot, not ignition on/off, not cable disconnect, etc. But after 2 hours when retried everything was back to normal :speechless:. The firmware was an earlier one: 4422. Anyway not sure if that was the root cause.
However there is a mention that some initialization problems were fixed later.
upload_2019-4-3_19-46-53.png

I wonder if the gateway module was refusing to talk for security reasons and resets after a period?

Except the above I've not experienced any other refusals. The weird part is that the CAN gateway was communicating and thus also gearbox, BCM, Instruments were available and responding fine with "Adv.Measurement Values"- just the engine said no o_O

Back