CandyVan conversion journey

Any issues raising the floor that amount? eg with side step, or rear threshold?
Looks like 34mm raise from top of van floor ribs?
(9mm insul + 18mm ply/xps + 5mm ply + 2mm altro ?)

And how did you support the narrow slither of floor inbetween the left hand reimo rail and the side step?

I'm doing similar but with Fabworx rails in the van. Thanks!

Work underway on the floor now. The seat rails added some complexity. 15mm ply (left over from the lifting bed base) glued in the spaces between ribs. 9mm insulation board glued on the ribs.

The floor is 18mm Ultralight ply/XPS sandwich, with another 5mm ply layer on top, and will have 2mm Altro over it. To fit the along rails, I had to rebate a channel, and plane down some of the packing where the van floor isn’t flat. The B pillars had to be trimmed at the bottom.

View attachment 183585

Side step, I got a Caravelle one. It needed longer clips and some packing underneath, following @Deaky advice.

Rear threshold- I had to trim the plastic threshold to the edge of the floor, and put edging strip along.

Narrow sliver of floor was a supported on a festival of packers and glue.

The biggest challenge was getting the floor to meet the taper of the walls. Because of the thickness of the floor the edges of it are very 3D.

@drinfinity great thanks for the detail!

I don't think I'll be able to go as thick as you did as I'm having a front passenger swivel slider which needs to be able to clear the rear floor height so I could be limited to 18mm

Where did you get the ply XPS? Can't seem to find it in b&q or my timber merchants.

Back