Candy-white tailgate conversion: part supplier

NicolasH

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi there,

I’m looking to convert our 2016 Candy White T6 with barn doors to a tailgate, but I’m struggling to find the necessary parts.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can locate a tailgate, bumper etc. I’ve already looked on eBay. I’m located in South Leicestershire.

Thanks.

Have you tried
Kernow Transporters,
T5 Cotswold Parts
or
North West Transporter Parts?

Thanks for replying - I’ve tried Kernow Transporters and they have several, but it’s a round trip of 640 miles for me.
I’ll try the other two places you’ve mentioned.

Have you tried
Kernow Transporters,
T5 Cotswold Parts
or
North West Transporter Parts?
Hi Adam, I've got a tailgate and all the bits being delivered this week from Kernow Transporters. I've read your 'how to guide' and it's really comprehensive, and very helpful - thanks!

Hi Adam, I've got a tailgate and all the bits being delivered this week from Kernow Transporters. I've read your 'how to guide' and it's really comprehensive, and very helpful - thanks!
Glad to hear you’ve got your bits. What are you using for ball-pins on the body side - the Vagnostics kit or OEM?

Hi Guys, I am in exactly the same spot. Although the tailgate I am fitting is only the shell. So need all the parts and following the guide on here. But I cant even find the parts for the door handles and hinges. Does anyone know a good supplier who will actually answer emails and get back to you ? I found alot of parts at Genuine, discounted, Ford, Renault, Nissan, MG, Rover and Tata parts shipped Worldwide but they dont rreply to emails for about a week and needs to get the parts sorted everything is just sitting there

Hi Guys, I am in exactly the same spot. Although the tailgate I am fitting is only the shell. So need all the parts and following the guide on here. But I cant even find the parts for the door handles and hinges. Does anyone know a good supplier who will actually answer emails and get back to you ? I found alot of parts at Genuine, discounted, Ford, Renault, Nissan, MG, Rover and Tata parts shipped Worldwide but they dont rreply to emails for about a week and needs to get the parts sorted everything is just sitting there
I can recommend Richard from Kernow Transporters - he was extremely helpful, and has sorted all the pieces I need - however these aren’t new, if that matters to you.

The door I purchased has all the wiring already in place.

I can recommend Richard from Kernow Transporters - he was extremely helpful, and has sorted all the pieces I need - however these aren’t new, if that matters to you.

The door I purchased has all the wiring already in place.
HI thanks NicolasH, I have the panel. I just need all the parts that go with it and parts to fit it like hinges

It appears so. I reckon these, like mine, will sit lower than standard, resulting in you needing the (longer) T5 gas-struts.
Hi Adam, do you know the part number(s) for the tailgate rear light connectors? I’m assuming it’s different from the barn door connector. See the attached photo. Thanks. DC80734D-1669-4631-8CFF-CED4EB7E6AAA.jpeg

Hi Adam, do you know the part number(s) for the tailgate rear light connectors? I’m assuming it’s different from the barn door connector. See the attached photo. Thanks. View attachment 82071
You’re correct, but I don’t - i managed to get the plugs with the tail lamps.
I have a feeling Travelin-Lite sell them for that exact reason. Give them a call, I’d say.

If TPS won’t deal with you (because they’ve recently decided to deal with commercial customers only) then I’d try VW themselves; it was my nearest dealer who gave me a list of part numbers when I asked for a quote (I gave them the index of a tailgate van and said I was repairing it after a crash).

You’re correct, but I don’t - i managed to get the plugs with the tail lamps.
I have a feeling Travelin-Lite sell them for that exact reason. Give them a call, I’d say.
Thanks mate, I appreciate you coming back to me.

There is a link in a post I made.

@NicolasH did you source some T5 gas-struts? If not, I have a pair of 1080N

Hi Adam, no I didn’t - the ones I’ve got are T6 ones, which won’t fit. Are the T5 1080N ones the uprated version that is okay for a 4 cycle carrier?
I think there is a 1200 or so rating out there - these were on my Cali tailgate, but struggled in the heat when the two chairs were fitted. Otherwise they’re hard (for a big-standard tailgate) to close when fitted, so quite strong.
image.jpg

Back