Annual T6F Pilgrimage To Bala Lake 2020 - cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, get a grip. Your event won't happen. Going on holiday is not an option. Time to think of others and not just yourselves.

Sorry you feel that way, but it beggars belief what some people still think is OK.
I don’t disagree @Dilbert but ‘time to think of others not just yourselves’ implies T6f members are selfish and that’s not my experience!
I’m sure all of the banter is just that - banter
I doubt the campsite will open for at least 12 weeks given the latest announcements.

I think in practice, we all could manage to stay more than 2 metres apart. We could get by for a couple of days with baby wipe showers, although toilets would be a problem. Bring our own food to avoid shops and so on.....

But morally, it's not the right thing to be doing. It doesn't look to good. The group atmosphere wont be there either. God forbid, we may have friends and family in dire straits medically at that time, if indeed not some of us ourselves. My family and I wont be attending. Gonna call it day. It's a shame, but maybe next year.

I think in practice, we all could manage to stay more than 2 metres apart. We could get by for a couple of days with baby wipe showers, although toilets would be a problem. Bring our own food to avoid shops and so on.....

But morally, it's not the right thing to be doing. It doesn't look to good. The group atmosphere wont be there either. God forbid, we may have friends and family in dire straits medically at that time, if indeed not some of us ourselves. My family and I wont be attending. Gonna call it day. It's a shame, but maybe next year.
I think it’s a good call, my wife is a Resuscitation office and the figure that they are using is that anything less than 20k UK fatalities from this would be considered a good result

Parked by Bala lake
1af9119d-7d07-4fa7-a1d1-9b33118f588a-jpeg.63797
@Dilbert how long have you owned a Freelander?

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Stay safe people.

Quick everybody let's get over to the Busfest thread before that goes pear shaped too...

It's typical, we paid an extra £100 on the campers insurance this year for higher mileage cover and European recovery and so far this year it has sat on the drive next to an expanding pile of rubble that used to be parts of our house... camping in Mordor anyone?

A little update from Site:

I have delayed opening until 1st May at the earliest, looking at the situation as it is today, its very likely to be longer before we are allowed to open. I have already returned deposits for all who booked from now until 1st May.

If we are not able to open for whitsun, we will offer to change the date, or if not convenient, we will refund the deposits.

This is a tough time for all of us but the health and wellbeing of us all is priority at this moment.

Keep safe and well, I 'll be in touch to update at the begining of May

regards
Megan Pugh
www.glanllyn.com

I will continue to speak with Megan as I do each year for the organisation of our annual meet..
This is all she has for our members that have booked when we get into May she will update me again with the current situation..

Fingers crossed. Stay Safe and try to enjoy this weather as much as possible.

Thanks for passing on the info. Hopefully it can be rearranged but there is more important things at the moment. Stay safe everyone.

Thanks for passing on the info. Hopefully it can be rearranged but there is more important things at the moment. Stay safe everyone.
Agreed but with deposits paid ppl will wonder and with so many bookings Megan is overwhelmed with the enquiries.

If you(T6F members) have questions please ask myself to lessen the load on them, as I am sure you can understand.

We currently have 22 booked vans with deposits paid..

Thanks for your understanding. Will update as and when I get more info.
Fish.

Evening all.
Today I have received an email from Megan(Bala lake)
Hope you are safe and well during this very difficult time for everyone, not sure who I should contact regarding the bookings for the T6 forum over whit weekend. At this moment, it looks very unlikely that we will be out of lockdown before the end of May and I was wondering if you could discuss in your group whether you would like to transfer the deposits that have been paid to another date this year or whit weekend next year. If that is not convenient then I will refund all the deposits that have been paid.
then followed it up with a phone call.

Due to so many unknowns, many members work commitments etc. The campsites existing bookings that they are trying to work through it seemed only fair to assist, therefore, I have decided to request 'credit' for all those that have paid a deposit for 2020. I will obtain a list from the site to ensure that I have the name and numbers of all that have paid deposit to ensure this is carried forward to next year.

This deposit will be moved to 2021. Should you then be unable to attend in 2021 a refund will be available.

One of the benefits of this would be that we have guaranteed our positions for 2021 and have no issues with booking early etc.

I understand that this may not sit well with some, please PM if you would like to discuss this further.

As a look forward, please sign up for our 'Post Virus Weekend'

Evening all.
Today I have received an email from Megan(Bala lake)
Hope you are safe and well during this very difficult time for everyone, not sure who I should contact regarding the bookings for the T6 forum over whit weekend. At this moment, it looks very unlikely that we will be out of lockdown before the end of May and I was wondering if you could discuss in your group whether you would like to transfer the deposits that have been paid to another date this year or whit weekend next year. If that is not convenient then I will refund all the deposits that have been paid.
then followed it up with a phone call.

Due to so many unknowns, many members work commitments etc. The campsites existing bookings that they are trying to work through it seemed only fair to assist, therefore, I have decided to request 'credit' for all those that have paid a deposit for 2020. I will obtain a list from the site to ensure that I have the name and numbers of all that have paid deposit to ensure this is carried forward to next year.

This deposit will be moved to 2021. Should you then be unable to attend in 2021 a refund will be available.

One of the benefits of this would be that we have guaranteed our positions for 2021 and have no issues with booking early etc.

I understand that this may not sit well with some, please PM if you would like to discuss this further.

As a look forward, please sign up for our 'Post Virus Weekend'
@Fish
Credit sounds good to me. Saves a bit of faffing around too. Well done

Last edited by a moderator:
I 100% agree with your actions here @Fish if people dont want to attend next year they can get simply get a refund
We have used bala for a few years now and i expect we will continue to use for the coming years so the last thing we need to do is place more pressure on them with instant refund demands !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back