Can t6 auotlock with keys inside?

ashmul

T6 Pro
Hi Folks, some people have said it may happen that Eos my T6 will auto lock after a while when the keys are still inside, Im very likely to do this as some point so just wanted to check if it does do that and if so can I deactivate it?

I never trust any car with remote central locking. I never leave the keys in the vehicle unless there is a door open.
All it takes is a fault somewhere for the car to lock the doors as you describe.

Pete

Only if you open the tailgate using the tailgate button on the remote and put your keys down and close the tailgate it will immediately lock.
I have disabled the 30second relock with VCDS .

Only if you open the tailgate using the tailgate button on the remote and put your keys down and close the tailgate it will immediately lock.
I have disabled the 30second relock with VCDS .
luckily I don't have a tailgate then... but good to know thanks
I never trust any car with remote central locking. I never leave the keys in the vehicle unless there is a door open.
All it takes is a fault somewhere for the car to lock the doors as you describe.

Pete
Im going to have to strap them to me there is no way I won't forget them in there at some point
Only if one of the door lock modules is faulty and does not recognise the door has been open after unlocking
that's great to know thank you

Only if one of the door lock modules is faulty and does not recognise the door has been open after unlocking
Agree with @Absolut5 as this happened to me and I was deadlocked in my van. @Dav-Tec found the fault with my drivers door locking mechanism. It was faulty hence when I opened the door the van didn’t sense it was open hence it relocked the van.

@Texxaco do you happen to know the fault code? I’m sure I unlocked the other day, opened drivers door, shut it and van relocked itself

There wasn't a fault code showing as usually the microswitch just stops working. So there isn't a fault the BCM can detect

Back