Adding Rear Speakers to OEM Headunit and enabling Fade

Yes on the standard setup on vans & kombis, there are four speaker inputs on the back of the stereos - front left/right which are used & rear left/right which are empty
You need to install additional wires to new speaker location, remove stereo and fit new cables into the empty terminals on the existing quadlock connector on rear
Heres the connector before i added my rear speakers
View attachment 379
and heres one of the wires with pin connected on end ready to insert into plug assembly
View attachment 380

Its worth noting that after connecting additional speakers in they will work but to function properly the radio will need to be coded with VCDS (vagcom) to accept new speakers and this will activate the fader/balance menu in the radio to give you additional adjustments

@shylock i have VCDS if you would like speakers coded
Sorry old I know which outlets within the block to the new cables fit pls also I have two cables from each speaker ? Left and right rear ?
Sorry new to all of this cheers

Sorry old post I know please could you let me know where I get the connectors from with the product or part number cheers
If you go up about four posts, the link to RS components is there.

Sorry old I know which outlets within the block to the new cables fit pls also I have two cables from each speaker ? Left and right rear ?
The pinout is on page 2 of this thread. Yes, a pair per speaker.

Sorry old post I know please could you let me know where I get the connectors from with the product or part number cheers
I got mine off eBay, £6.99 for 10 delivered.
Item number is 185381439983

I do a lot of coding for a customer on new T6 bus conversions based on the Startline Zugkopf. They fit rear speakers and want the fader, I use the same process as @Pauly above, get the drop down menu, select '4 channels, 6 speakers' 'exit' then 'do it' and the fader is there immediately without switching off or letting the vehicle sleep
Hi I had rear speakers coded but the fader Dousnt appear on the radio it’s a 2018 t6 Sportline with discover media radio has anyone any ideas why that would be … thanks mike

Hi I had rear speakers coded but the fader Dousnt appear on the radio it’s a 2018 t6 Sportline with discover media radio has anyone any ideas why that would be … thanks mike
is there any amps connected ?

Hi Pauly yes they are in and working.. if it makes any difference I also have mid range speakers in the front door cards with crossovers along with upgraded speakers

Is the coding accepted when you try and change it ?
Any errors ?

Is the coding accepted when you try and change it ?
Any errors ?
Tbh it was Skipton car audio that coded it when they fitted the speakers . Il hafto take a look myself but they never said there was a problem coding the radio just that the fader never appeared and 4 months on still hasn’t

What speakers are they ?
Hi Pauly I’ve just gone into 5f and there’s a fault code 1543 control unit incorrectly coded when I go in through long coding scrolling thru the bites there’s no options for changing the amount of speakers .. I guess scr have coded it wrong !

Hi Pauly I’ve just gone into 5f and there’s a fault code 1543 control unit incorrectly coded when I go in through long coding scrolling thru the bites there’s no options for changing the amount of speakers .. I guess scr have coded it wrong !
More than likely coded incorrectly, as some of these discovery units, need the speakers switching on then coding of the fader

but what dynaudio and Blam speakers are they? Also is it just a crossover on the tweeters or both door and tweeters ?

More than likely coded incorrectly, as some of these discovery units, need the speakers switching on then coding of the fader

but what dynaudio and Blam speakers are they? Also is it just a crossover on the tweeters or both door and tweeters ?
Hi not sure on what type the blam speakers are but they fitted crossovers on the mid range speakers ..

Hi not sure on what type the blam speakers are but they fitted crossovers on the mid range speakers ..
I’ve got door speakers mid range just above the door speakers which were a genuine Vw speaker then I have 6x9 s in the back and tweeters in the a pillar .. when they coded my stereo they just said that the fader should come on with time but it hasn’t so I was coding in my battery tnite and thought I’d take a look to see if I could figure it out and found the code logged , checked in long coding for 5f and there was no option for 6 speaker system or fader so I guess that’s the issue is that it’s coded wrong

View attachment 28188 View attachment 28189 View attachment 28190 hello, I’m adding some rear speakers to my T6 - wiring loom has been put in place by camper king who converted the van for me.

However the loom hasn’t been connected at the head unit end and I’m not sure how to remove the brown plug or the purple pin that locks / releases the connectors.

Also need guidance as to what wires / connectors go where on the head unit plug - rear speaker wire loom has brown & white wires.

Please help!!
Hi Pauly, SBP,
I'm a relatively new new Transporter owner and a new T6 forum member.
I have a couple of questions relating to this existing thread, that I hope you might be able to me with:

1) Will I find the same looking Loom / Connector Block in my 2021 T6.1 as SBP has in his T6 (photo 1 above)?
2) If so, can you tell me what the connectors you're holding (photo 3 above) are called and where I can buy them?

I ask because the company that originally converted my van installed rear speakers but have probably just spliced them into the middle 4 ports in the sand coloured connector block (photo 1), alongside the front speakers. I've recently had my rear speaker ports and fader activated using VCDS and now want to transfer the rear speaker cables into the correct, currently unused ports (1 and 8, 4 and 5) in that sand coloured block. Thanks in advance for any advice you're able to provide.

Back