Can anyway recommend a child car seat?

A good couple of hours away, it is on the way to family though, we went there when looking for a buggy, hadn't thought of that.

Probably worth the trip, especially if you can double up with a visit to family!

In the early days of Isofix the seats all allowed you to fix via seatbelts as well but it seems you have to go for one or the other now. Chances are you will not be able to get a single seat that covers both vehicles and offers the same level of protection in each - at one stage we had 4 different seats kicking around our cars and house for 1 child.

I think your probably right, just wish they weren't so expensive, not saying they aren't worth it, just when having to double up it is a bank breaker.

I know what you mean - the first seat I bought was for my SLK - it had Isofix and I was going to use it - problem was it also had a passenger airbag and the only way to switch off was via a transponder in the seat - the only place you could buy such a seat (rebranded Britax) was direct from Mercedes at a cost of circa £600 - ouch!

We've used Halfords, Mothercare and Kiddicare online over the years. Graco and Britax seem to be the most popular. Agree with comments above, an Isofix base can be added if that's your preference. Have a test fit in local Mothercare for example then order cheaper online from your preferred retailer :thumbsup:
And don't forget your VW OEM Seat Protector - stops the weight of the seat leaving marks

IMG_1177.JPG

Need one myself after chrimbo, she'll be one. The Kombi has isofix in the rear, not sure of the benefits of isofix, at that age the car seat stays in the vehicle. Had a nice looking recaro one about ten years ago. Like that seat protector @HHO, the seats in the T6 seem a bit cheap, leaving a kids seat in for a day leaves temporary dents, so god knows what they would be like after six months.

Back