can anyone tell me if i convert my van to have a kitchen and crash tested bed will this affect my insurance cost

can anyone tell me if i convert my van to have a kitchen and crash tested bed its a T6 will this affect my insurance cost

Yes it will, see the many threads in the Insurance section of the Forum.

mine only went up by a tenner from panel van to fully kitted camper, pop top etc. With LV

asked if it was a self build or carried out by a professional converter. My roof was fitted by a firm but i carried out the rest of the conversion and LV had no issues with this. regarding registering, search the forum as theres a thread days long debating this (cant be done now). LV now class it as a motor caravan for the insurance

I have fitted units and a crash tested bed but no sink , fridge or oven should I declare it as a camper or do I not need to notify my insurance

I have fitted units and a crash tested bed but no sink , fridge or oven should I declare it as a camper or do I not need to notify my insurance
You need to tell your insurance all the mods you have done.

Reactions: JOG
Absolutely declare all mods! Imagine how expensive it would be if you need to provide 24x7 care to a child for the rest of their days as a result of a successful claim against you......only to discover that your insurance was invalid due to your failure to declare mods!!!

Back