Can anyone recommend a Driveaway Awning

With your rail in the gutter and attaching with a figure of 8 and kado strip, if you drive away when you come back do you find it easy to re-attach van & awning ?
Any tips please ?
My best tip is mark where the wheels were before you drove away with a couple of tent pegs. That way when you come back you can get in the exact same spot making it easier to reconnect.

My best tip is mark where the wheels were before you drove away with a couple of tent pegs. That way when you come back you can get in the exact same spot making it easier to reconnect.
Thankyou for your answers, look forward to my van being converted now 1st week of April

With your rail in the gutter and attaching with a figure of 8 and kado strip, if you drive away when you come back do you find it easy to re-attach van & awning ?
Any tips please ?
I Mark my van out with tent pegs and a string line once its all set up ,then drive back in the box on return .sometimes slacken the front guyed lines on the awning ,this helps to connect back up .

I can quite easily reposition and reconnect and I don't mark anything out...just take note of where van is.

We have an outdoor revolution movealite 2 2017 model
Its a nice size and very light inside ,we thought the kela was a bit dark being dark grey .
We have a rail in the gutter and fasten the awning on with figure of 8 and kado strip .
Its quite quick to put up and drop down ,two main inflatable tubes then canopy over door and a roof strut .we also have a sun canopy that zips on the front ,which give a bit more out door shelter for cooking

.ATTACH=full]17533[/ATTACH]

View attachment 17533

as above....
Very easy to put up ...pump behaving but have now mastered this dark art!!
Have the footprint and indoor carpet ... bought as part of a deal ...end of show special!
My son assures that me that it is very easy to drive away and back up to but I am yet to try!
Its great for storing chairs/bbq etc and sipping G&Ts if a touch windy outside.
We often attach to a pull out Fiamma awning (if not too windy) so it stands away from van giving
oodles of personal space.

just purchased the 2 man inner tent for the above OR movelite!

C'mon bring on the good weather!
:cool:

Well, I found an awning and thanks again to everyone who posted on here which made the choice much easier. I went to have a mooch around Glossop Awnings and have ended up with the Outdoor Revolution Movelite T2, 2016 edition, which was on display. Bought it for 320 quid with a ground sheet thrown in. It certainly seems like a bargain and looks a nice size for the two of us. Also like the fact that it fits snugly inside a bag which doesn’t look as if its going to take up all the space inside the van. From what I gather, the 2017 and 2018 Movelites don’t have any features which justify the price hike but some people like to go for the latest models, hey ho. If anyone can reassure me that I’ve bagged a bargain, that would be fab

@Debra i am looking at drive away awning did you see the movelite 4 there if so is that just bigger version can you secure the drive away bit on to roof bars or do you have to have that strip fitted ??

Hi Paul, not very technical I’m afraid so can’t answer the question - we were given a strip (thrown in) which will be used when we drive away. Glossop had a bigger Movelite on display so guessing that was the T4 - nows the time to buy the earlier versions as they are making room for the newer ones - best going for a look, speak to Dominic, he’s always been helpful to us

thanks will do im not bothered about current model be happy with older one at cheaper price seen the T4 has dropped to around 500 may pop to NEC in few weeks

Sounds like a plan - will be doing the same - just hope I haven’t jumped too soon but after nipping off for a coffee and looking online at prices, the 320 seemed too good to miss, definitely ticks all the boxes for us

@Debra - seems like a bargain. Agree with not paying for the subtle changes of latest models but one thing I’m not sure of is whether the 2016 model came in the “low line” variant, specifically aimed at T6 sized vans, or not? Drive away awnings are still relatively new and until a couple of years ago a lot (most?) were in a one size fits all style. Either way, it will still work but may make it a bit harder to get the tunnel section taught.

Yes, its fine - its the low line and Dominic went out to the van to make double sure - no worries on that score

@Debra

Well done. - sounds like a good bargain.
We are very pleased with ours and it looks good when set up in the sunshine.
With all the trappings ie - footprint, carpet, pegs, straps, pump, inner tent - it does take up
some room in the van but its worth it.
Enjoy.....:D

@Debra i am looking at drive away awning did you see the movelite 4 there if so is that just bigger version can you secure the drive away bit on to roof bars or do you have to have that strip fitted ??
Hi @paul600rr if you take a look back at the piccies I stuck up earlier in the thread mine is a Movelite T4. You don’t have to have the awning channel. It does come with straps that stretch over the roof and peg down into the ground on the other side. It is functional, but personally not for me as I don’t like the thought of what those straps will do to the paintwork when vibrated by the wind.

@Debra

Well done. - sounds like a good bargain.
We are very pleased with ours and it looks good when set up in the sunshine.
With all the trappings ie - footprint, carpet, pegs, straps, pump, inner tent - it does take up
some room in the van but its worth it.
Enjoy.....:D[/QUOTE

Back