Can anybody out there kindly shortcut me to the best fuse in the box to jockey into please with Dash Cam?

johnnywilkins

VIP Member
Good Morning all and Hello,
Just paid my membership of the above and immediately downloaded the excellent fusebox layout conveniently posted by Loz. I'll be picking up my 2019 t6 combi later this week and need to immediately fit the dashcam from the old Passat into it.
Can anybody out there kindly shortcut me to the best fuse in the box to jockey into please ? I appreciate that this subject has probably already been discussed, if that is the case then I do apologise. On the old Passat , I hooked into the rear wiper , I can't see that on Loz's photo so assume they all come off the general " wipers " fuse and am therefore unsure as to use it or not.

Thanks in advance . ... Johnnywilkins

@johnnywilkins thanks for joining as a VIP, the cost of it goes directly to keeping this forum on-line.
The centre row of fuses in the fuse box that is located beneath the gear stick at the bottom of the dash are all ignition live, so many folk put a piggy back fuse in there.

Thank you very much DaveyB , that's where I'll aim for. I think there's gonna be a few more requests from this quarter after I get the van, so please bear with me.

@johnnywilkins thanks for joining as a VIP, the cost of it goes directly to keeping this forum on-line.
The centre row of fuses in the fuse box that is located beneath the gear stick at the bottom of the dash are all ignition live, so many folk put a piggy back fuse in there.

And what a stupid design it is. 2 times I've blown the 7.5A interior light fuse and both times because access with the cover off is so difficult I've dropped the fuse down inside the trim and under the carpet :/

Thank you very much DaveyB , that's where I'll aim for. I think there's gonna be a few more requests from this quarter after I get the van, so please bear with me.
Don’t worry about it, that is why we are all here.

Thanks DaveyB, Skyliner is it a Dashcam you've jockeyed in or something pulling a bit more current and would it be possible \ safe \ sensible to slip say a 10A in as the main rider ?

Thanks DaveyB, Skyliner is it a Dashcam you've jockeyed in or something pulling a bit more current and would it be possible \ safe \ sensible to slip say a 10A in as the main rider ?

No, I was cutting the Kombi light plug off the loom and shorted it whilst the interior lights were on. I certainly would not increase the rating of a fuse in a circuit.

Piggy back the fuse as @DaveyB suggested.

Back