Campsites - too soon?

This is a static caravan site with relatively permanent occupants.

Pete

We was camping this weekend and the site was clean and where possible social distancing was adhered too.
The fact your outside in the sun, it can’t transfer so enjoy the weather people.

Umm.. not good reading ...but having been on The T6 camp ...we all enjoyed the event and sensible precautions where followed and to my knowledge no one has been reported sick
But people will when let off the leash do silly things and all the good stuff gets forgotten about in all the excitement..we all live and learn but some will pay the price ...Sad times :(

Pete
Spot on. Further down in the article it states that it is a residential site. That means long term residents living there. It’s not a campsite at all. It should have the word residential in the article headline, but then that wouldn’t get as much attention and get people talking would it.

I like a drink
But I think pubs opening just yet wasn’t the best move

Face masks in shops nothing for the staff what’s that all about
If it was that good we would of been wearing them 15 weeks or more ago
If Boris turned around and said I got it wrong and we need to be wearing them I would see it more acceptable

Last edited:

Pete
Yes ...there are some semi permanent residents but also the out break was linked to another settlement ...that said anyone touring the country needs to stay safe .. whether static or mobile

Yes ...there are some semi permanent residents but also the out break was linked to another settlement ...that said anyone touring the country needs to stay safe .. whether static or mobile

Well said totally agree
It will be back,

Sorry a little off topic but went to bowness on windermere yesterday to buy a car and while there popped into the town as it was literally 5 min walk away. Honestly it was like there had never been a pandemic or virus. Pretty much everything was open, pubs hotels, restaurants, ice cream, boat trips the lot. The place was packed. We quickly turned around got in the car and drove home. You just couldn't avoid people while walking. This thing is going to come back with a vegance.

Sorry a little off topic but went to bowness on windermere yesterday to buy a car and while there popped into the town as it was literally 5 min walk away. Honestly it was like there had never been a pandemic or virus. Pretty much everything was open, pubs hotels, restaurants, ice cream, boat trips the lot. The place was packed. We quickly turned around got in the car and drove home. You just couldn't avoid people while walking. This thing is going to come back with a vegance.

Would love to say it won’t

It’s a worry reading posts and watching the news..I get it that we all want some sort of normality but because this virus is invisible some don’t get that even one person could cause a spike ...the real danger is our self’s.. not you or me ...but those that think it’s ok to go to an unlicensed rave or on mass outside a football ground ...has society lost control of its self...

Is it an age thing ..am I old before my time ....you feel like screaming at people and say stop playing Russian Roulette

ps ..if it all sounds to much....Sorry

Last edited:
It’s a worry reading posts and watching the news..I get it that we all want some sort of normality but because this virus is invisible some don’t get that even one person could cause a spike ...the real danger is out self’s.. not you or me ...but those that think it’s ok to go to an unlicensed rave or on mass outside a football ground ...has society lost control of its self...

Is it an age thing ..am I old before my time ....you feel like screaming at people and say stop playing Russian Roulette

Called growing up

You did what we all have to do. You considered the risk against the benefits and you decided to turn around and leave. Others were happy to be there, it's a personal decision we all have to make in various similar circumstances.
We cannot remove all risk in life and this virus is going to be around for many years, If we all avoid shops, pubs and restaurants until Covid goes away they'll all go bankrupt before we return to them. I agree with you that a second wave might happen, but how long can we put our lives on hold waiting for it? The economy is in freefall already and taxation funds the NHS, you can't fund the NHS indefinitely with a longer term lockdown.
I went to my local pub on Friday night and we all sat six feet from each other and took sensible precautions, (I would have walked out otherwise!) it was great to see old mates again and for me the benefit outweighs the tiny risk. Having said that, I'd entirely respect others who might make the opposite decision, I'm a healthy 54 year old, if I was 84 I might have a different view, although one of my pub mates is in his early 80's and he chose to go out rather than stay home alone again.
While all attention is on Covid19, more people are dying from less sensational illnesses:
Every life lost is a tragedy, but life must go on for those left behind.

Was up there on Friday... it was absolute bedlam in Bowness. Found the quietest area stopped for 10 mins then left as soon as could. Was the worst area that we visited over the three days that we were at the lakes. It’s madness this is going to come back before the winter and then we’re all going to be in trouble. Just be sensible and keep safe. Common sense is all that’s needed.

Similar in Stratford-upon-Avon... plenty of face masks though. However, not enough social distancing among some groups...

Statistically the chances of meeting the virus are low at the moment but....
Sensible works, knee jerk major restrictions and continued lockdown will f**k the economy. We have to open up business so we can keep jobs.
The idiots throwing parties on beaches and tennis courts will make this worse.
Unfortunately, this country has a severe lack of common sense and intelligence in the younger age ranges. They are not smart enough to understand that it doesn't have to be difficult or strict to force the virus out of existence.
Screenshot_20200727-213016.png

Statistically the chances of meeting the virus are low at the moment but....
Sensible works, knee jerk major restrictions and continued lockdown will f**k the economy. We have to open up business so we can keep jobs.
The idiots throwing parties on beaches and tennis courts will make this worse.
Unfortunately, this country has a severe lack of common sense and intelligence in the younger age ranges. They are not smart enough to understand that it doesn't have to be difficult or strict to force the virus out of existence.
View attachment 79316

Agree with yourself but not just younger people, oldies are the same as well
A lot I know haven’t locked down but saying that a lot have
There’s problems through all ages not just younger ones

My neighbour was recently tested as she works for the NHS.

She’s had the virus, but she never knew.

She’s as healthy as anything and swears she’s not felt unwell for years.

It’s infectious as anything - That’s the scary bit

It's a strain of the common cold/flu. We can't cure those. We can't stop colds spreading at any time of the year.
Both of these only create issues for those already weakened by other problems as it's not fatal in its own right. Your point above process that. It's a simple redress of the imbalance on the planet.

Back