Campsites taking the pee.

Ayjay

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I had an email from Out & About Live pushing what they call 'Premier Parks' campsites recently and out of idle curiosity had a look at availability and prices for next May at the Padstow Holiday Village. We've been using that site in it's different guises for probably over 25 years and although it's always been pricier than a lot of others, it's facilities and easy access to Padstow have always been worth that little bit extra but I don't think we will be going again unless their prices drop (which I suspect is unlikely). The price for 2 adults for 2 nights in a camper on a grass pitch with electric was £100 and it went up to £121 for a hard standing. Am I the only one that thinks £60 a night is just a bit excessive?

If you want to see the best of Cornwall stay clear of Padstein, while his food may be tasty the popularity has pushed prices of everything up.

If you want to see the best of Cornwall stay clear of Padstein, while his food may be tasty the popularity has pushed prices of everything up.
Couldn’t agree more. His influence on the local businesses hasn’t all been positive!

Yes it's too much, but I suspect they will sell out. They will probably have debts from COVID shutdown that they need to pay too.

Pete

Reactions: CAB
They can only charge what people are prepared to pay, vote with your feet.

Sadly there are many people that will pay these new insane prices, so it makes little difference. I hate to say it, but I suspect just like the price of everything else, this will become the new norm.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
For £121 for 2 x nights you may as well look on AirB&B which would be cheaper............ however I agree with Tourershine there are folk who will or can afford this.

For £121 for 2 x nights you may as well look on AirB&B which would be cheaper

Maybe in Scunthorpe but never in Padstow or, indeed, anywhere else in Cornwall (no offence to Scuthorpe!).

Maybe in Scunthorpe but never in Padstow or, indeed, anywhere else in Cornwall (no offence to Scuthorpe!).
Before posting, I checked and there are places around Padstow, depending on what you are looking for....

£25 per night is my max unless it's specifically somewhere we want to stay. No way would we pay £60 a night. Air B&B driveways would be a good business atm.

I've just looked up …The Foreshore Padstow….and the extras are eye watering :eek: £4.50 for a dog and £3.50 for standup paddle board per day ….. Wow milking staycations….:(

I've just looked up …The Foreshore Padstow….and the extras are eye watering :eek: £4.50 for a dog and £3.50 for standup paddle board per day ….. Wow milking staycations….:(
Really? What on earth is the basis for charging for the SUP?!!!

Milking Joe public….

Child (3-16 years)
Off-peak: £4.50
Peak: £5.00

Additional Vehicle
Off-peak: £7.90
Peak: £9.00

Dog
Off-peak: £3.70
Peak: £4.50

Dinghy/Large Inflatable
Off-peak: £5.00

Windsurf/Kayak/SUP
Off-peak: £3.50
Peak: £3.50

Milking Joe public….

Child (3-16 years)
Off-peak: £4.50

Additional Vehicle
Off-peak: £7.90
Peak: £9.00

Dog
Off-peak: £3.70
Peak: £4.50

Dinghy/Large Inflatable
Off-peak: £5.00

Windsurf/Kayak/SUP
Off-peak: £3.50
Peak: £3.50
Milking? Absolutely caning the poor bugger. That is taking the piss

Really? What on earth is the basis for charging for the SUP?!!!
It’s a commercial fishing port and there’s a constant supply of people with more money than sense, more a deterrent I would think. The Camel estuary has some very dangerous currents especially after 4-5 pints in the pub at lunchtime.
As an ex-seafarer I can confirm that there is no such thing as common sense, without a video people would not believe it.

It’s a commercial fishing port and there’s a constant supply of people with more money than sense, more a deterrent I would think. The Camel estuary has some very dangerous currents especially after 4-5 pints in the pub at lunchtime.
As an ex-seafarer I can confirm that there is no such thing as common sense, without a video people would not believe it.
I agree with the harbour master levying a charge to use an SUP but i just don’t get why a campsite should!

Remember, you can’t legislate for stupid!!!

Back