CampinGaz - hard to find?

Ed Webb

Webber
VIP Member
T6 Legend
My local campinggaz dealer Arrow tool hire in Leominster have said they won’t be getting anymore campinggaz in once they’ve sold their current stock.
This would leave me with one dealer near me for supplies.
Campinggaz was a recommended when we converted due to being available all over Europe unlike Calor etc.
Does anyone else find campinggaz hard to find these days?
For fresh converters, is underslung the only way Forward for the future?

We get ours from Go Outdoors, do you have a local branch?

My nearest is over 1hr away.
Its not too painful as I do have 2 bottles so when one is empty I could plan a trip and get a refill on route.
With some of the costs of underslung refills forum users are quoting I was wondering if that's the way forward as all those £30 savings would potentially soon make it worth it.

Reactions: CAB
My local campinggaz dealer Arrow tool hire in Leominster have said they won’t be getting anymore campinggaz in once they’ve sold their current stock.
This would leave me with one dealer near me for supplies.
Campinggaz was a recommended when we converted due to being available all over Europe unlike Calor etc.
Does anyone else find campinggaz hard to find these days?
For fresh converters, is underslung the only way Forward for the future?

Campingaz - Retailer Locator and add Hereford there loads this gas finder locator covers Europ as well if you need other Gas just replace the regulator they are not a lot of money but keep your camping Gaz one

Last edited:
................ as all those £30 savings would potentially soon make it worth it.
I've often biched about the outrageous / extortionate / profiteering price of Campinggaz in comparison to other bottled and canister gasses but I have to say that I start forgetting about it after a while as a 907 lasts us a long time and it would take forever to recoup the cost of an underslung or Gaslow system. Mind you, we only tend to use the hob for boiling the kettle and nothing else runs off gas. On the original question, no shortages in my area where I've got 2 dealers within 5 minutes and another two about 15 minutes away (and that's in rural Gloucestershire).

I know it probably not a lot of help with getting gas but we use portable induction hobs when on EHU no flames no carbon monoxide don't get burny hot like a gas hob not affected by the wind if cooking in the awning with the door open personally i feel a lot safer with no flames in the van or awning the only gas is for the bbq used outside

I know it probably not a lot of help with getting gas but we use portable induction hobs when on EHU no flames no carbon monoxide don't get burny hot like a gas hob not affected by the wind if cooking in the awning with the door open personally i feel a lot safer with no flames in the van or awning the only gas is for the bbq used outside

what do you use with no EHU . do you have an inverter

Campingaz - Retailer Locator and add Hereford there loads this gas finder locator covers Europ as well if you need other Gas just replace the regulator they are not a lot of money but keep your camping Gaz one
Wow, I stand corrected. My woes were unjustified. This link has been saved and will form part of the campervan toolkit.
Thank you.

I've often biched about the outrageous / extortionate / profiteering price of Campinggaz in comparison to other bottled and canister gasses but I have to say that I start forgetting about it after a while as a 907 lasts us a long time and it would take forever to recoup the cost of an underslung or Gaslow system. Mind you, we only tend to use the hob for boiling the kettle and nothing else runs off gas. On the original question, no shortages in my area where I've got 2 dealers within 5 minutes and another two about 15 minutes away (and that's in rural Gloucestershire).
Very true, my current bottle has lasted me over a year but I do tend to cook on my cadac safari chef using those small resealable gas bottles as they need using up.
The campinggaz runs the hob inside the van which is mostly kettle and occasional rice or beans.

Back