Camping In France Swiz And Italy In August

Jukelook

Hi does anyone know if it’s possible to book a 2/3 night camping pitch in France,Switzerland and Italy campsites in August or is it all minimum 7 days ?????

Absolutely, yes you can. I often only call campsites in France in August a couple of days before I arrive and sometimes stay for 1 night, sometimes longer. Obviously if they are full you may no be lucky, but never had a min of 7 nights before.
Swiss sites are expensive due to currency. SF. :thumbsup:

We're based in Italy (Naples) and most campsites will allow you to book any amount of nights, though we have experienced some near the northern lakes that have a minimum of 7 nights during the peak summer months. We use the "park4night" app / website - very handy as it lists 'wild' camping and 'normal' campsites. Where are you looking in Italy?

We’ve found that if you try & book some sites online, it’s 7 day minimum, computer says no. However if you email the site or call, they will often squeeze you in or have a cancellation. We travelled back from Croatia a couple of summers ago, via Italy (venice, Florence, Bologna & Liguria) & didn’t have a problem & we were towing a boat!

Same as @Salty Spuds really, online is great for checking availability or having a look at a site but the booking can be fixed to certain durations at certain times of the year or can show as full when there might be a space. Best to call/email.

Quite a while ago, we went on a family "drive" around europe and didn't book anything just moved to various places as the mood/weather took us. I bought an ASCI camping book which offered some discounts (better for mid-low season) but seemed to be a magic ticket in getting into some sites. We used the directory you get with the card as a guide to select sites and managed to get into some that were 1 week minimum or full.

Not sure if this still exists or has the same clout but was a handy tool to keep in the van.

Back