What tools do you carry?

Wheel changing alignment rods
Cool, never knew this kind of thing existed! Always a bit of a faff to line up, especially by the roadside In the dark....Google doesn't come up with a massive array bit they don't seem too expensive. Where did you get yours from and are all T6 wheel bolt holes the same thread diameter of...?
cheers guys

Following on from the above post, I've been pulling together all the tools I might need for a two week trip to the south of France and back:

IMG_2561.jpeg

IMG_2562.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

Not pictured is the jack (and the breakdown cover ;))

I believe this should cover most things that I might need to tackle whilst on the road. :thumbsup:

Following on from the above post, I've been pulling together all the tools I might need for a two week trip to the south of France and back:

View attachment 196513

View attachment 196512

View attachment 196510

I believe this should cover most things that I might need to tackle whilst on the road. :thumbsup:
Looks good. Just check out the guidance on anything with a blade (leatherman) and passing through customs.

View attachment 196513

View attachment 196512

View attachment 196510

A roll of gorilla tape may be a good shout? I seem to always have a need for it when out in van or caravan! Hi Viz vest? Looks a good collection for sure!

A roll of gorilla tape may be a good shout? I seem to always have a need for it when out in van or caravan! Hi Viz vest? Looks a good collection for sure!
Oh yes, got the hi-viz and the warning triangle under the passenger seat with the jack. In the tool pouch I have a couple meters of duct tape wrapped around a credit card to save space. :thumbsup:

Looks good. Just check out the guidance on anything with a blade (leatherman) and passing through customs.

Great point about customs, thanks, I hadn’t considered that. That particular Leatherman has a “UK legal” blade (non-locking, under 3-inches) but I’ve no idea what rules would apply at customs or in France. I’ve previously taken a Leatherman in a toolkit (and a kitchen knife in a camping kit) across the border via Eurotunnel, nobody checked, but I expect they’d probably confiscate if they did find them…

Oh yes, got the hi-viz and the warning triangle under the passenger seat with the jack. In the tool pouch I have a couple meters of duct tape wrapped around a credit card to save space. :thumbsup:

Great point about customs, thanks, I hadn’t considered that. That particular Leatherman has a “UK legal” blade (non-locking, under 3-inches) but I’ve no idea what rules would apply at customs or in France. I’ve previously taken a Leatherman in a toolkit (and a kitchen knife in a camping kit) across the border via Eurotunnel, nobody checked, but I expect they’d probably confiscate if they did find them…
If you do need a Leatherman replacement sue to blade laws I can fully recommend a Gerber MP600 - and they do a bladeless version.

So solid and easy to use (one handed opening of the pliers) it makes a Leatherman look like an irritating toy from a cracker.

Not the cheapest but worth it.

Got mine from Hiennie Haynes although they seem out of stock of the bladeless version. However still a useful site and service is always first rate.

Back