Campervan conversion company recommendations

Wills

VIP Member
T6 Legend
My T6 has a planned delivery date of early October and am searching for a conversion company. I'm based in the N. Wales / Chester area of the country.
I'm looking for people who are prepared to share their recommendations and experiences please. Good or not so good.

Hi, I'm north Wales too. I had a bad experience with a company in Llandudno junction, very negative about fitting a Hilo roof to my van without causing interior damage. I also went to see another company in Pen y Groes called Lime Vehicles, no website but their contact details can be found on the Hilo fitter finder page. Maybe not the biggest converter but he seemed to do nice work and at reasonable prices. Other than that there are places like Merseyspeed, Vanhaus, Bodans that might be worth a look. I've heard talk of a place in Colwyn Bay too but no idea about them.

I converted my own van, it's actually easier than you think, it's worth a consider and there's plenty of info here

We have chosen Bodans, they have premises at Shrewsbury and Chirk so not too far from you. We visited several converters and spoke to many at Camper jam. Bodans ticked our requirements boxes whilst being local but at the end of the day there is no substitute for visiting and speaking to them in person. Waiting lists for those with a good reputation seems to be about 6mths at the minute. Good luck

We have chosen Bodans, they have premises at Shrewsbury and Chirk so not too far from you. We visited several converters and spoke to many at Camper jam. Bodans ticked our requirements boxes whilst being local but at the end of the day there is no substitute for visiting and speaking to them in person. Waiting lists for those with a good reputation seems to be about 6mths at the minute. Good luck
We've chosen Bodans to fit our SCA roof, they're quite booked up, into March now but they do good work and they make the right noises

Ed at Celtic motor homes in South Wales is highly recommended by lots of people may be worth a look ?

Thanks for all the replies. I'm off to see Nat @ Bodans tomorrow but am a little put off by the quoted March start date. I suppose it's a mark of standards when you're fully booked up!

Thanks for all the replies. I'm off to see Nat @ Bodans tomorrow but am a little put off by the quoted March start date. I suppose it's a mark of standards when you're fully booked up!
Yes, there's a reason you have to wait, beware the guy who says bring it in next week!

We've chosen Bodans to fit our SCA roof, they're quite booked up, into March now but they do good work and they make the right noises
How much of the conversion are you doing yourself and at what point are you having the roof fitted by bodans?

My thread is in the conversions section "Camper 2". Due to finance or lack of it I converted the whole van to a camper first and Bodans are just fitting an SCA 194 roof for us, other than that I did the lot myself

Back